Bleeding/spotting

Lara91

Reaction score
5 weeks pregnant tomorrow.This morning I noticed I was started to get a strange cramping feeling low down in my abdomen, anyways after about an hour it was getting more noticeable & when I went to the toilet & wiped there was like a orangey blood colour (not a lot) so in a state of panic I rang the doctors. Doctor seen me straight away, she talked about a miscarriage & an ectopic ( she didn't think it was ectopic as the pain usually starts from 7 weeks) anyway she also said that its sometimes normal in early pregnancy. I did a urine sample (wiped, there was no more blood)& she carried out a pregnancy test & it Come back that I'm still pregnant but she said she could see a little blood in it. So she's booked me an early scan for next Friday.. Now I've got a daunting wait ahead of me. She said if bleeding progresses or cramping progresses to go straight to the hospital. She told me to rest as much as possible and to take the week off work leading up to my scan. So I've been lay up in bed since seeing the doctor & the cramping is easing loads & recently been to toilet (wiped) there's no more blood but more like a browny colour (like the end of a period) like old blood. Not loads tho, only slight. It's not enough to show on a pad. Has anyone experienced this & went on to having a normal pregnancy? Or should I be prepared for the worst??

With my miscarriages at 6 and 16 weeks once I started bleeding it didn't stop. So I think it's good that yours has changed to brown.

I don't have any experience, but I'm hoping everything turns out okay for you! :hugs:

With my miscarriages at 6 and 16 weeks once I started bleeding it didn't stop. So I think it's good that yours has changed to brown.

Yeah I thought I would have a lot more blood & a lot more pain if I was miscarrying.. I've woke up this morning with no pain & a little bit browny coloured stuff but nothing major. I'm feeling a lot more hopeful this morning than what I was yesterday. Just hoping this next week flys over & my little baby is doing fine & nothing progresses. It's a scary feeling.

I don't have any experience, but I'm hoping everything turns out okay for you! :hugs:

Thank you.. I'm feeling a lot more hopeful this morning than what I was yesterday. X

When I was pregnant with my daughter I bled at 5 weeks (before I even knew I was pregnant!) only a tiny bit of spotting, thought it was he start of a period.

After finding out a week later I was pregnant I had 2 early scans, healthy bean with a heartbeat although they did comment it had implanted very low down.

I had a scan at 13 weeks and 5 days with a perfectly healthy wriggly baby.

At 14 weeks (and 1 day after our announcement!) I started to bleed and has slight aching, when I went to the toilet. Not immensely heavy, and only when I wiped it was pink and quite clearly blood. I panicked but it stopped that evening and after getting checked out was absolutely fine. (No answers as to why I bled!)

At 18 weeks it happened again but much heavier, requiring a a pantyliner and like how periods start when you first come on. Got checked out - all fine!

They think I had an irritable cervix in the end! Needless to say my cheeky little girl is nearly 2 and a half!

Try not to worry too much although after being in your position it's impossible not to worry. Bleeding can happen during pregnancy and it doesn't always mean the worst. If you have severe cramping and LOTS of red blood then get checked out immediately.

Hi Lara!

I'm so sorry for the scare you're having! :hugs: I've bled in ALL of my pregnancies (4) and I've only lost 1. I agree with kls: with my mc, I kept bleeding more and more strongly. In my three other pregnancies, the bleeding diminished! Stay hopeful! :flower:

I know how scary it is though. I just had a bleeding episode 3-4 days ago. Thankfully, I have a fetal monitor, and was able to find the heartbeat afterwards! (And it was definitely more than spotting. Like, I was lying in bed, and I stained the sheets and mattress! :wacko:) Your story sounds like it will have a positive ending to me! :flower:

Try not to worry! You only have to worry if it's heavy, clotty, and any craps you have are intense and nearly crippling :). If you're still worried, make an appt. to get blood work done to make sure your HcG levels are going up.

I'm in the same boat as you. It's my first pregnancy (I'm almost 7 weeks), and I've had lots of spotting. I actually had no idea at first that I even got pregnant because it seemed like I had an entire period a week after I ovulated. I used tampons and everything. It was like 12 days of bleeding total. The only reason I even took a pregnancy test was because my BBT never dropped. Still, I was shocked to get my BFP!! Since then I've had mild cramps and light spotting at least every other day. It's not getting worse though, and I've been in for bloodwork twice, and both times my numbers looked good, so I'm optimistic.

Hopefully we both get healthy babies!

I did find some studies last night though that said that women who have 'threatened miscarriages' in the first trimester are more prone to certain bad things later in pregnancy, like placenta previa and low birth weight...

My first sonogram is May 3, so I'm hoping for good news...

Good luck to you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->