Bleeding/spotting

HoneymoonBaby

Reaction score
Hi - my first time posting so hi to all.
I'm 15 weeks pregnant, and was sailing through (not a bit of sickness etc) - but last weekend I had a very small bit of spotting. Very light but Caredoc suggested a hospital visit. They did a scan and all was fine - thank God. Doctor's visit today and heard the baby's heartbeat for the first time. So exciting.
However, I've just had quite a show of red blood - (the spotting last week was like a brown mucous). I'm not sure if this is OK - as i have no pain or anything. Also, without being too graphic, had been to the toilet and 'strained' a little! It was in the toilet and on the paper!
Can anyone advise, should I call Caredoc or am I over-reacting.
First timer in case you couldn't guess!!! :flower:

Are you sure it is coming from your vagina, dear? I had some bright red blood about 13 weeks with my son and got worried, the doctor wasn't concerned, but said for peace of mind that I could go in and they'd check his heartbeat. You could try that?

A miscarriage at this stage would be very painful. Also, when they scanned, I assumed they checked for placenta previa? So, I'd say maybe it is the pressure on your cervix. If you had sex before the bleeding, that will do it too.

Yes, call the doc just to put your mind at ease. But next time you strain, check and make sure its not coming from that-- I had this "issue" and to put my mind at rest I would literally hold toilet paper in my hooha while going just to make sure TMI! Hope you are ok

Call your doc of it will put your mind at ease. I've always heard that some spotting w/out pain is nothing to be concerned about. Good luck!

I've had bleeding throughout my first trimester due to a sub-choronic bleed but that had cleared up so I thought I was ready to return to normal but at 14 weeks I had a huge bleed that seemed to come out of nowhere--no cramps or anything. But baby was fine! Had an ultrasound and it came back clear--no clots and no damage to the placenta. However, my OB said that they can't diagnose placenta previa until the 20 week scan. It's worth getting checked out as bleeds in the second trimester aren't as common.

Just take it easy and rest as much as possible.

You mentioned you went to the doctor today. Did they do an exam or take a swab at all? This could have caused some bleeding if they did, and would be nothing to worry about. And as a PP mentioned, sex will do it too. If you are really worried though, and especially if it continues, you should call your dr just to put your mind at ease.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->