Bleeding throughout first trimester/ SCH?

tryingntrying

Reaction score
I feel like I am losing my mind. I have been through so much with this pregnancy that I never experienced with my son who I had four years ago. It seems like I have been bleeding practically the whole time which is enough to make anyone a little crazy. It took me almost two years to conceive my son and I had the most normal pregnancy ever. This was a one shot deal and I feel like I am experiencing pregnancy for the first time all over again. Here is what has occurred:

3 weeks- Positive test
4 weeks- Spotting
5 weeks- moderate bleeding- early ultrasound, no problems or SCH detected. Put down to implantation/increased blood flow to the cervix.
6 weeks- Spotting
7 weeks- episode of bright red bleeding- ER ultrasound showed small SCH above the cervix, baby measured to dates and had strong heartbeat.
8 weeks- bleeding subsided- internal ultrasound at OBGYN showed no more SCH, baby measuring to dates, strong heartbeat.
9 weeks- had sex and began bleeding 48 hours later. Ultrasound at OBGYN shows no SCH, baby measuring to dates, strong heartbeat.
10 weeks- still spotting--sometimes red, sometimes brown, sometimes small clots. Some days there is nothing.

I can't help but feel like my OBGYN is missing something. Only once has anyone bothered to examine my cervix or take blood since my initial labs and that was in the ER. I asked the ultrasound tech if a SCH could develop or reoccur and she said that it is usually a developmental thing around the time of implantation which implies to me that this was the source of bleeding all along. Could it be that the tech is missing the SCH because it is so small? I find it strange that it could not be seen at any of her ultrasounds--which last 5 minutes--while the ER tech spent 30 minutes looking and found it.

Also, has anyone else experienced this or anything similar? I am really holding onto hope that the baby will be okay and this bleeding/spotting will stop. I really just need some support right now. This board was my go-to with my son. Thanks ladies.

Hi i have also suffered bleeding and still am im 11w 3day i had a reassurance scan at 8w 2d everything perfect roll on a week later i woke up and felt a big gush and it was bright red blood just pouring out. It was alot, i had a scan then next day and everything was still looking perfect and could not see a reason for the bleeding continued to bleed old blood for 5 days then Again another big heavy bleed this time with a large clot. Was sure i was misscarrying this time but had a scan a couple days later and baby is still perfect and still no reason why this is happening. Im still bleeding old blood now 11 days after last big bleed. They cannot give me answers so its very worrying and frustrating i dread everyday im going to wake up in pain and misscarry as was told would deffo have alot of pain now if im going miscarry so i panic at every little niggle i get and so scared of losing it now as will see more of a baby developed. Im just told its one of them things and some people do bleed im pregnancy and its very common. I feel like something is going to go wrong. I have never bled in a healthy pregnany before. Im not sure if its due to me not really having periods when on mini pill then getting pregnant right away. Thing is i dont even have pregnancy symptoms and did with my other pregnancy.

Thank you for your reply. It is nice to hear that someone else is going through something similar--sort of. It is so scary, isn't it? Every time I go to the bathroom--which is every 5 minutes--I am terrified. I feel like I can't relax and enjoy this pregnancy. I was also told that this just happens sometimes although it didn't with my son. I have also had a few big gushes with clots. I am finally understanding how some people don't realize that they are pregnant. I will keep you in my thoughts!

Hi i have also suffered bleeding and still am im 11w 3day i had a reassurance scan at 8w 2d everything perfect roll on a week later i woke up and felt a big gush and it was bright red blood just pouring out. It was alot, i had a scan then next day and everything was still looking perfect and could not see a reason for the bleeding continued to bleed old blood for 5 days then Again another big heavy bleed this time with a large clot. Was sure i was misscarrying this time but had a scan a couple days later and baby is still perfect and still no reason why this is happening. Im still bleeding old blood now 11 days after last big bleed. They cannot give me answers so its very worrying and frustrating i dread everyday im going to wake up in pain and misscarry as was told would deffo have alot of pain now if im going miscarry so i panic at every little niggle i get and so scared of losing it now as will see more of a baby developed. Im just told its one of them things and some people do bleed im pregnancy and its very common. I feel like something is going to go wrong. I have never bled in a healthy pregnany before. Im not sure if its due to me not really having periods when on mini pill then getting pregnant right away. Thing is i dont even have pregnancy symptoms and did with my other pregnancy.

Hey everyone! I just wanted to post an update on how things have turned out for me so far. I have since had two early ultrasounds and everything looks great. The bleeding has stopped. They could never pinpoint where it was coming from. They placed me on pelvic rest until the bleeding stopped--no sex, no lifting, etc. Praying that everything continues to go well and I hope this post helps someone else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->