Bleeding : Update - Scans on page 2

Holly21

Reaction score
I've had a bit of brown bleeding in the early stages of pregnancy (scans all fine) but have had quite a bit of dark red blood this evening - post coital (TMI, sorry - 1st time since conception too) and settled within half an hour. I know it's in all likelihood a very vascular cervix being traumatised and bleeding, and it's now settled as the trauma's over but it's still a bit disconcerting to see the blood. I've picked up a strong heartbeat on the doppler which is a relief. Fingers crossed it doesn't happen again - I think I'll stay celibate for the rest of the pregnancy, it's not worth it! :hissy:

o no hunni! dnt stay celibate, 1s ur in ur 2nd trimester they l b no stoppin u lol!
iv had a bit cramping after sex but no bleeding! maybe jus a little ...em rough maybe?
but the fact thts its brown shows its old blood! plus u got ur heart beat so u kno everythin is ok!
but fne ur midwife if ur worried about it!

xx

Quite red blood this time - however, I'm hoping that the fact it settled quickly and was red means the origin was cervical. I've got some A and E advice - probably cervical bleeding and that I can give the midwife a call in the morning. Scan booked for Friday anyway and we have a doppler at home which is a reassurance.

:hugs: I know the feeling . I keep barring my oh from :sex: until i get a scan then we have a :sex: when all is well then i bleed not long after so its a no no again. :cry: I think hes feeling left out

Can't find a heartbeat this morning with the doppler - hoping my midwife will be in for 9am so I can call her and hopefully get a scan. I don't think I've slept all night - my OH should be back from nightshift by 9am so at least I'll have him with me then. No more bleeding but have had a couple of small twinges. :cry:

Aww hun try and keep calm I am sure everything will be fine but definately call the midwife to put your mind at rest xxx

I have a scan for 11.30am so that was quick. My OH found a heartbeat - only for a few seconds but at least it was there. Hopefully the scan will not show any site of bleeding higher up and Bump will be fine.

Glad you heard the heartbeat hun and good luck at your scan xx

Ohh Holly keeping everything crossed for you, let us know how you get on xx

Are you back yet hun?? Hope everythign was ok. :hugs:

Well, there's good news and bad. The good news is that Bump is a lovely, lively baby with bits in all the right places and a strong heartbeat which was wonderful to see. My OH is on nightshift so was able to come with me which was great. The bad news is that I have 2 sites of bleeding - a small subamniotic one 40mm and a 4.5 x 1.5cm bleed behind the placenta - it's not all of it behind the placenta, it looks like perhaps 1/3 of the bleed is behind the placenta. So they've booked me back in for 2 weeks time - just need to sit it out and see if the haematomas extend or whether they get reabsorbed.

Big big hugs sweety. Grats on the healthy baby but I do hope you relax and take care. get as much pampering as you can.

Great news bout bubs...take it easy now Doc and rest up!!!!

I'm going to try and get into work as much as possible - I've had so much time off due to MS that I want to try and get back to normal. My colleagues have been great and have said I can have as much time off as I need which is really nice to hear. I've promised not to lift anything/anyone but aside from that, can hopefully get back to working a fairly normal day - I've missed work so much - gosh I need a life!

Hi there Holly - you must rest as much as possible hun! I didn't understand everything you wrote as I don't have medical training lol, but I think it sounds like it's going to be ok? Here for you hun! xxx

It basically means I have 2 small collections of blood - one is right beside the membrane covering the baby and containing the amniotic fluid, the other is behind the placenta, the bit that connects baby to the uterus via the umbilical cord - if it separates off, then it's bad news for baby as blood and hence nutrients etc can't get through and baby dies - so I'm hoping that the blood behind the placenta stays as it is and the rest of it stays nice and firmly attatched. A haematoma is basically the same as a bruise and so I'm hoping it will all get reabsorbed by the body, just like a bruise.

And I'll try to post scan pics

https://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f316/Bramble21/Photo156.jpg

https://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f316/Bramble21/Photo158.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583