Bleeding :( UPDATE!! :)

MrsHedgehog

Reaction score
I did a pregnancy test on Saturday which indicated I was pregnant 3+ weeks. On Monday when I woke up I had some brown discharge which turned to quite heavy red bleeding by the afternoon, not enough to fill a pad, but enough to make me really scared. I passed a few small clots and felt generally unwell. Today the bleeding has turned back to brown but I still feel yucky, tired and weak. I had bleeding off and on in my first pregnancy which turned out to be ok. I'm not sure if I should go to see a doctor or just wait and see what happens. I'm away from home, staying with my parents who don't know anything yet. I haven't even told my husband anything as he's away with work. Is it really bad if I don't get seen by a doctor? I feel like just waiting it out a few days to see what happens. It's hard for me to see a doctor as I'm away from home.

UPDATE: Just wanted to update in case anyone is going through something similar and looking for positive outcomes. After that early episode of bleeding I had no more problems and today I had my 12 week scan showing a perfectly healthy baby. It was wriggling about and waving at me :happydance: I'm so in love :cloud9:

Seeing a doctor won't help either way at this stage as they can't do anything.
I would make an appointment with the epau either directly or via your doctor as soon as you are able and they will confirm your pregnancy or unfortunately perhaps a miscarriage.
In the mean time it may put your mind at rest (or not) if you can do another pregnancy test.
Hopefully this works out for you xx

It's completely up to you. I would just wait it out and take an hpt every few days and see what happens. If it gets lighter then I'd just continue until it goes negative (that's what I did with one of my miscarriages) and if it gets darker then you know it probably hasn't affected the pregnancy. I had heavy bleeding during week 7 of my last pregnancy (along with severe cramping) and didn't bother going to the doctor bc I figured it was another loss (3 m/c and 2 chemicals before) but when I went into my already scheduled appt 5 days later the baby was fine. Good luck.

Thanks for your replies everyone. I just did another hpt (Clearblue digi) and it still says pregnant 3+ weeks. I'm still having brown discharge when I wipe so not entirely convinced that everything is ok. I feel really sick and tired although my boobs aren't as sore anymore. I suppose I'll just have to wait and see.

I think a 3+ on a digital is a very good sign, I would find out how you can get a scan at the epau as soon as you can explaining What's happened.
Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->