bleeding???

kirsti201

Reaction score
I'm currently waiting for my obgyn to call me back because tonight after urinating I passed a small bright red blood clot and I am absolutely devastated and scared I'm only 21 weeks and not sure why this could be happening, has this happened to anyone else and they went on to have a healthy full term baby?

Could it be a UTI maybe? I had a little blood in my urine and it was a UTI. I really hope she is doing ok:) :hug: :hug:

Well I'm not crampin no pain while urinating and no blood on toilet paper just one clot that like fell out? I dunno what to do or why I'm scared to go to the bathroom again

I bled late in pregnancy and it turned out to be thrush. Dont panick, fingers crossed for you x

Good luck babe,I hope it turns out to b absolutely nothing xx

I bled during the 13th week.. not a clot or anything.. woke up one morning and saw that i was bleeding.. rushed to the doc and he doc just did an inernal check ( no scan) i was 100% he would scan to make sure baby is ok.. but turned out that i was having a low lying placenta and thats why it happened.. nothing happened after that.. he ust asked me to take it easy for a while..

lot of ppl bleed during their pregnancy and it necessarily does not mean there shud be something wrong with the baby ... so dont worry.. I am sure everything will be fine!..

I had period-type bleeding and brown spotting from about 13 weeks to 24 - and everything is fine so far. I had no cramping, and the blood was never bright red, but there were clots and sometimes enough to need towels not pantyliners.

I think our cervixes can get a bit fragile and are to blame a lot of the time. My doctor and midwife checked for a heartbeat about once a week when it started, which was massively reassuring.

Take it easy if you can, and avoid anything too strenous - e.g. I was fine with 'gentle' dog walks, but if I walked too fast or too much, I paid for it. Bedrest did help settle things down a bit.

I think I read about 1 in 10 get some degree of bleeding and all turns out okay xx

thanks ladies,
after the doctor finally called us back last night
he told me to only call him in the morning if the clots had gotten worse or continued
I thankfully havent passed any bright red clots since then so im feeling a littel better but still cant help but be nervous! anytime theres blood in pregnancy specially this late i get scared! babies still moving constantly and was last night as well which was a big reliefe.

Did you keep the clot for analysis? it's always a good idea to keep anything like that for the dr's to see. I wouldn't worry too much though, if you aren't bleeding anymore and don't have cramps. It could be something as simple as a cervial polyp too. I just passed one that was a few inches long and about an inch wide, it was HUGE!! and bleeding a lot. I was told polyps are quite common (caused by surges of hormones) and do not interfere with pregnancy at all.

If it was a one off, I wouldn't worry about it at all.
Fingers crossed for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->