Blended Family Issues (Just Venting. Tired of being told I am an awful parent on sites)

Ashnate

Reaction score
I have 4 beautiful children and 1 on the way. 10,9,3,and 2. We gained custody of the oldest 2 from my SO's ex wife 1 year ago. She signed her rights over and continued doing drugs. I have been there every step of the way. I went through the same scenario at their age but was adopted by my foster family. The youngest 2 are mine biologically and irish twins. I have done everything CPS suggested during the mothers case. I took them to therapy. I got advice from the school and guidance counselor. I have had officers speak to them. I have lifted all rules and responsibility. I have had one on one time with both dad and I. Mom has visits back. I have gone to family. Nothing helps. My DD (9) is disrespectful, steals, lies about being beaten by me, has started fires and lied, ignores anything she is told by only me, and I am defeated. Everyone blames me. Dad and I agreed on 2 chores apiece alongside cleaning their own rooms and putting their own clean laundry away. His family demonizes me in front of the kids and tells them I am mean and shouldn't give them chores. The mother used to do it but has gotten help and is trying to work with us. Dad feels guilty for their life so he tries to avoid discipline. I am falling apart. I can't keep up with it all. I have begged dad to do something but he gets mad and tells me that they aren't that bad... I get it. But... When is enough, enough? I went from 0 kids to 3 in 8 months. I stepped into the roll and have raised the kids the last 3 years. I feel like the live in nanny.

Is this normal?

Wow. I’m so sorry you’re going through so much. I wish I had some advice. I’d keep trying to talk to your SO and would probably make an appointment to see a therapist to get advice and figure out how to help you and your family.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->