• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

blight ovum, have you had more than 2

juliespencer9

Reaction score
hi
has any of you girls had more than 2 blight ovums and gone on to have a normal pregnancy?

i had one blight ovum in aug and im sure this is what im pregnant with at the mo, il find out wed at my scan, will be 7 wks then.

julie x

try not to worry hun, keeping everything crossed for you. xx

Sorry hun i cant help but i hope alls ok, will keep fingers crossed for you xxxx

I had one and was so shocked when i found out at mt 1st scan at 12 weeks.

I thought the same was happening with this one alos. All i can say is take ur time and dont be rushed into anything. It took me 5 scans b4 anything was seen in the sac and then they out me 2 weeks back so i was 7 weeks b4 anything was seen. Then i had more scans due to bleeding and guess what they put me 1 weeks forward. That means that i was 8 weeks b4 anything was seen. Lots of people see more than an empty sac say at 5 weeks and mine was 100% empty until then. I did a lot of research about the size the empty sac needs to be to be called a blighted ovum and mine was bigger and still turned out ok. If the worst does happen Please please please dont let them take u to get a D&C b4 u feel the need to. Can i ask why u think it is a blighted ovum this time? Have u have a scan?

P.s u can pm me anytime

Also there is a post that i wrote that went on for pages when all this was happening to me a few months back. Do u want me to find it for you? I think it would be useful

Hi hun I'm with pork pie I had a blighted ovum and m/c in May, I was dreading the scan this time round too but found everything to be fine at 6 weeks and baby growing this time. Please try not to worry too much I'm sure all will be fine. xxx

hi porkpie.
yeah that would be great if you could find that post, many thanks.
when i had m/c in aug this year, i was 6 wks and had brown discharge, i went for an early scan at 6 wks and sac was there but empty, they never told me it was a blight ovum i found out by research on internet, i went home and that night the m/c started.

i think im having the same think happen again as im 6 wks and afew days and ive had the same things happening, the brown discharge started again last tues, i rang dr and she got me in for an early scan for this wed coming at 10am, so il have to wait and see but i have a deep down feeling that when i have the scan the sac is going to be empty again, but i could be completly wrong and see heart beat....fingers crossed.
but i dont really feel preg i never had really, no symptoms apart from tender nipples.

p.s you say dont let them take you for a d and c before you feel the need to, do u mean dont go incase im am so early preg that the baby hasnt showed up in the sac yet, or are d and c not a good option?
thanks for your help.
julie x

hi porkpie.
yeah that would be great if you could find that post, many thanks.
when i had m/c in aug this year, i was 6 wks and had brown discharge, i went for an early scan at 6 wks and sac was there but empty, they never told me it was a blight ovum i found out by research on internet, i went home and that night the m/c started.

i think im having the same think happen again as im 6 wks and afew days and ive had the same things happening, the brown discharge started again last tues, i rang dr and she got me in for an early scan for this wed coming at 10am, so il have to wait and see but i have a deep down feeling that when i have the scan the sac is going to be empty again, but i could be completly wrong and see heart beat....fingers crossed.
but i dont really feel preg i never had really, no symptoms apart from tender nipples.

p.s you say dont let them take you for a d and c before you feel the need to, do u mean dont go incase im am so early preg that the baby hasnt showed up in the sac yet, or are d and c not a good option?
thanks for your help.
julie x

INcase u are too early pregnant. I thought my dates where right and turns out i was either 1 or 2 weeks early than i thought. If i was only 1 week then by textbook rules my baby should have been seen at that stage. So it just shows that its not always textbook.
I iddnt have bleeding last time, I went for a scan at 10 weeks and they told me the bad news then but i wnated to wait so had a few scans and decided to have a D & C at nearly 13 weeks (1 day off). I accepted it then as i seen the sac had collapsed in the scan so i knew it was time.

This time ive had bleeding in the forms of spotting, mucus and really heavy (to the point i thought i had wet myself in the nite). I thought that was it over as surley after having no bleeding with the blighted ovum then this was bad news. Bleeding doesnt always mean that there is a problem with the baby but its so worring :hugs:
Please dont take the sickness as a sign either as even after i was tols it was a blighted ovum i was sick every day until the day b4 the d & C. Some people domt get sickness or different amounts with each pregnnacy

Maccy and me met on her after having a blighed ovum aarund the same time and it was good t know that some1 else had this as no1 seems to know much about it. I am away to look for that post (might take a while as it was a while ago)

Heres two posts that i can find

https://www.babyandbump.com/trying-...an-showed-nothing-final-decison-tomorrow.html

https://www.babyandbump.com/pregnancy-first-trimester/42927-nothing-scan-happy-ending.html

I can't really help with your question, but I am thinking of you... hope everything goes well :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"