Blimmin well Fainted today!!

Tsia

My MyloMan - he turned 1!
Reaction score
I have low blood pressure anyway.. well did have all last year whilst undergoing arm, thigh, and 2 breast uplifts with implants!
I fainted once before when I foolishly took a look whilst the surgeon was taking blood for testing.. and once again 2 days after surgery when I got out of bed for the first time.

Today I was at the dentist for a routine checkup.. all ok.. except some touching up on a white filling needed to be done. Nothing major.. I am fine with dentists and the drilling etc.
But the minute he put the cotton wool mini bolster thing into my gum to hold my lip out the way.. I started to feel queesy.. :sick: then thought.. AH!! this must be morning sickness and I am starting to experience it one late afternoon 26week gone nearly.. thought nothing of it.

But 30 secs later the feeling got worse.. and the room started to go black. I said Stop.. feel like I am gonna go be sick.. oh and feel like I am gonna faint.
WIth that.. I felt REALLY BAD.. my head was spinning and I felt so sick. I was heavy breathing almost panting as I went all sweaty and couldnt breathe!
The dentist hollared something and all these people (3-4 in nursey uniforms) came rushing in through other doors I hadnt noticed were there before..
then my vision went black.

Next thing I remember is dentist laying the back of my chair down.. and shouting at me to open my eyes.. whilst gently tapping my cheek.
They gave me some water and made me up some more with glucose in it.
After 3-4 mins I was coming round. The dentists nurse assistant said "oh thats better your face is going pink again cos you were a whitey grey before".
I kept saying sorry.. I felt so embarrassed. :blush:

What a scary feeling. Scarier than I have ever experienced before. I hate that.. is this cos your prone to low BP when your pregnant?

Funny you should say that - I fainted at work today!
I've fainted 5 times so far this pregnancy, and one of the times someone called a paramedic. He said it could be for a range of reasons, but in my case it was low BP. It seems to happen to me when I've been standing up too long or haven't eaten for a while. No worries for baby,although keep an eye on it. Oh, and I'd recommend not fainting near the edge of a table -I managed to knock myself out today too!

Feel better soon!

Yikes, scarey!! Glad you're ok.

My BP has always sat around 90/60, even pre pregnancy. I get the "black tunnel vision spinny" thing when I stand up but always manage to stay on my feet lol (just!!)

i had the same kind of experience last time i visited the m/w she took a routine blood test but i always get a bit tense about needles and ended up sick and fainting...prob just that you felt tense about the fact you knew he was cunna hurt you lol

Ooooooh I was going to do a thread similar to this:

It is awful isn't it? I haven't yet fainted, but I have been having some really bad dizzy spells, seeing lights, then tunnel vision and feeling really sick... I need to sit down FAST & breathe, and exactly the same as you, I get all hot and sometimes I fight for my breathe.

I went to the GP today, they have taken bloods to rule out aneamia and anything else, but I do have low blood pressure. Sadly we are prone to this :( and the only thing we can do is make sure we drink plenty.

There is a point that our blood pressure should rise again, so we can live in hope :)

I hope you are feeling better hun, when this happens to me, I feel rough for the rest of the day, but I do find laying down on my left side and a little nap (if poss) can help me feel better. :hug: x

i had similar problems earlier on in my preg.
overall they seem to have been related to anaemia for me.
but it seemed to happen the most if i hadnt eaten alot or was too hot

Awww honey i hope you feel better now. How rubbish. I know why you would be embarrassed but i bet people always faint at the dentist! My mum does anyway! This is one thing that i can actually say i haven't had! I did have very dizzy spells in the VERY beginning, (it was part of the reason hubby was convinced we had managed a BFP this time) and they were horrid enough!

You know where i am if you need me :hug: :hugs: x x x

And that reminds me.. I had a CRACKING headache for at least 3 hours afterwards.. almost as strong as what I can imagine a migraine to feel like.. and I wouldnt dare take anything for it though. I still feel guilty for having all those ops and baby pumped with morphine and allsorts when I didnt even realise I was preggers! lol

I get like this too even before pregnancy but in 1st trimester it was pretty bad. Don't worry about it happening so severely next time because you'll feel the same symptoms coming on and next time you'll recognize what's going on. Then you can make sure to sit down to help blood get to your head, and perhaps drink some water and eat something sugary. I always keep a snack in my purse and have a bottle of water with me just incase. It's really scary though when it happens.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"