Bloat or bump?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by jlon, Apr 16, 2009.

1. jlon

jlon Well-Known Member

Trying to figure out whether my belly is bloat or bump as I think I could be further on than originally thought. Supposedly only 6-7 weeks but my belly is def a LOT bigger than I think it should be.

Tummy is hard to touch, not wobbly as if I've just put on weight.. Chest has expanded a bit also so my bra's are tight :( Rest of me seems the same size-ish.

I haven't had any sickness at all and don't think that I really will either way, so I don't think it can be used as a measure of how far along I am. Sore boobs every other day and extreme tiredness most evenings.

I phoned my docs to have a chat about it but they sort of acted like I was interrupting something and they couldn't get me off the phone quick enough!

2. puppycat

puppycat Mum & PAL

I'm wondering the same!

I think mine may be bloat but I do look pregnant, IMO.

I guess only you can know whether it's bloat or bump compared to the size you were before your BFP. And time will tell of course! A lot of ladies have said theirs deflated a little before 12weeks and became a bump.

3. MummyToAmberx

MummyToAmberx Mum to 3 Girls 1 Boy

Iv looked like ive had a bump from 4+4wk, mind you looking back i was deffo bloated on top.
    your tummy stayed same for a while now or does it change?
    mine tends to change, but mainly once half day is over my tummy takes more of a bump shape and and goes hard, kinda like early BH without the pain lol

4. Mark&Annie

Mark&Annie Well-Known Member

I seem to be huge by the evenings and back to normal in the morning, defo having some gaseous issues!! lol :D

5. baby boo

baby boo Well-Known Member

im about 11 weeks and mine just looks like fat ( although im assuming it is) its wobbly

6. baby.love

baby.love Guest

I've had a bump since 6 weeks, but most of it was bloat back then :)

My sister is 7 weeks preg(confirmed by scan) and looks further on due to the bloat

7. bumpyontheway

bumpyontheway Active Member

Im 7 weeks today & my stomach is all wobbley. I recently losted just over a stone (before I got pregnanct) & I feel how I did when I was a stone heavyer!

I think I have definatly gained an inch or 2 on my waist line already - not good!!

ahhhhh...... p.s - I feel terrible!! Sooo tired!

8. DaisyBee

DaisyBee Mom of 2

I am very bloated.... and just barely pregnant! I lost 20 lbs right before I got pregnant and all my pants were really loose... now Im unbuttoning they are so uncomfortable!!

9. clarabella

clarabella DH, DD & 2 cats!

My belly is definately bloated, i'd like to think it's a pregnancy bump, but it's not! Mine is also worse in the evenings, although today i am particularily bloated and could do with a maternity top! Is this your first baby? With my first, i started to show at about 4 months, but my understanding is that you can show earlier with subsequent pregnancies as everything is already stretched inside!

10. jlon

jlon Well-Known Member

Maybe it is all just bloat then! It does tend to be a bit flatter in the mornings but by mid-morning its back sticking out again!

At least its only in the middle region for now :)

11. third time

third time Well-Known Member

Think it tends to be bloat until about 11 weeks ish and then bumps seem to shrink a bit!!

Fingers crossed for your scan xx