Bloating has gone down and now I'm paranoid...

rwhite

Mum to Lachie and Clem
Reaction score
Most of this pregnancy, since about 4.5/5 weeks, I have been quite bloated, so much so that I have caught one of my co-workers give my belly quite a suspicious look and my partner has also commented on it :haha:

But as of a couple of days ago it seems to have shrunk back down and am also able to suck my tummy in quite a bit again like I could pre-preg. And of course I'm feeling paranoid that the baby has died or something and that's why :wacko:

Is it common for bloating to go down at about 8 weeks gestation? I can't remember from with my son as I was a fair bit skinnier during his pregnancy...

Thanks girlies :flower:

I know it's common for me to have more bloated days and less bloated days. Unless you have strong cramping or bleeding I wouldn't worry about it.

What Sj said. I have had days in my first tri where I was less bloated than others.

It's totally normal! When I was that early in my pregnancy my stomach was pretty much flat and would get bloated randomly at night or after eating then go back down again. Don't worry :)

Thanks girls <3 That makes me feel a lot better

I wouldnt worry too much, my bloat goes down just about every night and it returns as soon as I start eating and drinking for some reason, kind of odd! But this is overall normal, no need to worry yourself!

I've noticed this today actually, I've been constantly bloated since BFP but today don't seem as bloated. Saw bean 6 days ago and all was well so hopefully that's still the case!

Be happy... The bloating part is probably one of the most uncomfortable parts!! I am sure its nothing to worry about that the bloat has calmed down.

I've been up and down too and I'm almost 9 weeks (it was worst at 7). Not too bloated right now, but that's probably because my appetite's been down and I haven't actually eaten much the last few days. That's probably got something to do with it.

Thanks everyone :)

You know what, mayacat, I think that may be what it is...I have eaten more today and I am extremely gassy and bloated. Whoops, spoke too soon! :winkwink:

My bloating went down a little later, I think around 11 or 12 weeks. But my symptoms shifted around every couple weeks the whole first trimester. I think our babies just like to keep us on our toes. And as you noticed, what you eat can make a big difference.

I think you're right, MrsKChicago...bread seems to be a big culprit!!

Had my scan today and beanie is measuring spot on and heart beating...so relieved <3

Totally normal, I've got one bump pic I took about 2 weeks ago of my bloat bump and I swear I look about 7 months pregnant!

Last week or so it's really shrunk down again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->