Bloating is getting out of control.

Dia0624

Reaction score
Has anyone found a remedy for the bloating?? I'm only 12 weeks along but I've been suffering from bloating since getting pregnant. At first I could hide it, but now I look 6 months along. I'm only 5ft so it's got nowhere to go. Someone at work asked me if I'm expecting or have I gained weight!! I was so embarrassed bec it's only bloating and not the bump yet. My doc told me to take gas ex but it has not helped. No matter what I eat or drink, I bloat and feel so heavy. I was never skinny to begin with but at this rate I feel like I'm going to turn into a whale.
On top of it clothes that conceal the bloating are impossible to find. Maternity dresses are just either too matronly me or just plain ugly. Im trying to hide my pregnancy bec I've had 3 losses but it's so obvious. Really struggling!! Any solutions??

I feel for you, after my MMC I prefer to keep my pregnancy underwraps until it's blaringly obvious.. so with 3 losses yourself you have all the more reason! I also get horrendous bloating, my SIL (who is a darling and would never upset anyone) asked me whether I was 4 or already 5 months pregnant when she saw my stomach.. I was only 7 weeks >.<

I find tailored/skinny (maternity) trousers with a tunic top or one of those loose tops made of stiff fabric work best.. The stiffer the fabric the better since light gauzy fabric seem to show off your 'curves' *grin* same goes for dresses IMHO, short dresses made of stiff fabric will disguise your belly.

The maternity trousers and great because the long elastic top doesnt put pressure on your stomach so you don't feel like you will pop when you sit down or after just having a sandwich!

Wishing you a happy and healthy pregnancy <3

I have given up on trying to find dresses! I look soooooo fat in anything I try on. Pants and tops do work best.

I've suffered a loss too hun and am 5'1 - so like you, nowhere for anything to go but out! I think mine's mostly bloat -but my Dr. did say that I will probably show quicker since I am so small and have a short torso. I'm in maternity already since my normal clothes don't fit. I just feel like I look really chunky to people, and I don't care. I'm just happy to be pregnant. Since we aren't sharing till 12 weeks - if someone asks, I'm just going to say I put on a couple extra pounds....nobody needs to know why :) Xx

Sorry about your loss! Hopefully all works out now :)
Yea it's bec were short. I don't know how active you are but that's probably a big part of my problem bec I stopped exercising when I found out I was pregnant. I just eat and sit!! Lol

I'm so afraid to tell people the news after my losses. People are finding out one by one bec I can't hide it. I'm not denying it.. I feel like last year all I did was deny deny and ended up not having a baby. So.. If people are crazy enough to ask that question I tell them. Lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->