Blocked tear duct still??

Linzi

Prodest mummy ever
Reaction score
Does anyone elses baby have/had blocked tear ducts at the same age as Seth? He's almost 5 months now and they don't seem to be getting any better. I havent seen any other babies with it either.

So I did the stuedist thing I could possibly have done and googled it :(:(

"# If the baby’s tear duct doesn’t unblock by itself, it may be necessary to professionally ‘pop’ the membrane. This is a small operation that requires a general anaesthestic.

# Deep massage of the nasolacrimal duct for babies may be ordered, but it is difficult to do well.

# Antibiotics, to treat any bacterial infections.

# Surgery, to make a drainage hole from the tear duct system into the nose (dacryocystorhinostomy or DCR). This can also be done by laser.

# Surgical drainage of abscess, if necessary. "

Dont really know what im asking... had anyone else experienced this?

xxx

hi hun my son had this till he was about 6 months old and eventually it cleared up by itself i wouldnt worry about it they probably wont do anything unless it goes on past the age of 1 thats what my doctor said anyway he got conjunctivitus after it and was given drops and seems the blocked tear duct went with it x

Thanks :) Hes had conjunctivitis before and he's had drops too which didnt do anything. Guess we'll just have to see how it goes...

xxx

yeah hun good luck with it leeon had conjunctivitus with it afew times and eventualy they both cleared up x

My son had this when he was nearly 4 weeks old and was admitted to hospital to have antibiotics given to him by iv but it still did not clear and had the op under general aneasectic. Although it cleared after that it has always been prone to getting conjunctivitus

My baby was born with this. She had antibiotics when she was 3 days old and we had to extract all the puss from her eye 3-4 times a day. Eventually it cleared up but it looked awful when she was born. Bless her. x

My little boy has had it right from he was born, hes now 8 months old, its ussually fine but gets runny again when he has a cold or under the weather etc. I was told it can take 12-24 months to grow out out of it so im not too worried, i will only be worried if it gets sore or pussy etc. If your not sure get it checked at the doc's hun Xx

We also didnt wanr little one to have anti biotics so early on and were advised that its best not to when there tiny as there little body's can get used to them so if its not bothering him its probably ok and im sure it will go away on its own Xx

P had a really bad blocked tear duct, every morning we'd have to 'pop' his eye open as his eyelashes would be stuck to the skin under his eye from all the guck that had weeped and then dried up. He got a really bad cold about a month ago and was constantly snotty and drooling from teething, since he got better the blocked tear duct seems to have also disappeared and we haven't had to clean it or do anything for about 3wks now. )he's just gone 8 months)

Adam had this from birth and I was told to clean it twice a day with cool boiled water and cotton wool! It cleared up at 3 months by itself but was told it could take upto 12 months for it to clear!xx

wow This was dug way way out... Original post was 2008:haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->