• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

blocked tear ducts

helen1234

Reaction score
Rhys has a blocked or kinked tear duct he had it in both eyes from birth but after massageing it like a hundred times a day the right eye is ok, but the left eye is terrible.
if just one more just one more person said awwww he got poorly eye its conjunctivitis take him too the docs or wipe it with a tea bag lol i'll pull my ears off.

they wont reveiw it till he 12 months old, it constantly runs and gets really snotty.

has anyone else come across this? and have they been told anything different? and how did it get better?
xx

i've never come across that honey, but wanted to send you both some :hugs: x x

you can see in my avator its permanently red, poor thing i'm constantly wiping it with a bib.

i can't see anything honey :hugs: i always bathe maddi's with cooled boiled water if its like that, but its not a blocked tear duct :hugs: x x

Tyler has had it and HV and Doc told me to wipe it with cotton wool and warm water and it went after a few days, hope it clears up soon x

Seth has had this since he was born and its still there at 10 1/2 months. Ive heard its not very common for it to go on so long though.

I know what you mean about the comments though it makes me feel awful :(:(

All I do with Seth is keep bathing his eye and massaging the bit inbetween his eye and nose to egt all the stuff out. I wash it whenever it gets gungy and the only time I get him still enough to massage it is when he's having a bottle so I can only do that like 3 times a day.

The HV and Drs told me they can only review it when he's 12 months too so we're going back then. Theres no sign of it getting any better, but its also getting no worse which I guess is good. Although he does get a few cases of conjunctivitis because of it. Just make sure the goopy stuff doesn't go green, and that his eyeball isnt red and it should be fine :)

Sorry Im not more reassuring hun, just wanted to let you know we're in the same boat.

xxx

Blocked tear ducts are pretty common and although it can look pretty unsightly in the main its nothing to worry about. Ophthalmologists won't think about touching it within the first year as they tend to spontaneously resolve within that time, if its still there after a year they'll operate. Better to wait and endure the sticky eye than operate on a baby so young

My LO has it too, I feel so sorry for her she hates having to get it cleaned all the time. She has had conjunctivitis aswell because of it so we were told to clean it with cool boiled salty water to help prevent any more eye infections.

They never told us about massaging though?! I might give that a go, is it meant to help clear it up? x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"