Blood - antibodies

Pink_Tinks

Reaction score
Okay, so i had my first midwife appt today...

She started by phoning the hospital as she hadnt received my blood test results back (she had the downs screening tho) and they said that my blood type was O Positive, and the antibody result was negative. so that was all good.
then she was inputting info and came across across the scanned in letters from the hospital which had been sent to my old doctors somehow!
The results for HIV and all that were all down as negative, and then she found the other letter with blood type, and the anti body result was positive.
She said not to worry and what not, but how the heck am i not meant to, and how can that happen!?
How do the hospital have negative on their system, but they put positive on the letter?

so not really sure what to do... shall i ask for another blood test? or shall i wait and see if anything comes of it?

I would ak for another test hun, more to set your mind at easy than anything else.

Ask her to clarify what she meant...

Which order were the blood test results in? Was the negative result more recent than the positive one (from a scanned letter)? If so, then what should be fine...

Assuming they are testing for general anti-bodies (unless it is something more specific), then we have raised levels of anti-bodies for various different reasons (like fighting off a cold etc). So anti-bodies, by themselves, are generalyl not an issue. Especially if that was an older test (since you now have no/lower anti-bodies, so whatever you were fighting off, you have fought off).

BUT, ask the MW (or go to the GP) to clarify it if you are still worried :hugs:

QT

i've only had 1 lot of blood tests which was at my 1st scan at 12 weeks!
its just weird how over the phone, the hospital told her it was negative, but when she found the paper work it said positive!! think i will leave it till tuesday next week and if i havent heard from her i will ring and ask if i can have more bloody just to be sure. i've got my 20wk scan on the 8th so could get it done then??

why do things have to be so complicated and stressful?!

I got really bad cramp in my right calf last night and it is still killing me now, my sides are acheing like i have no idea!! dont get me wrong, couldnt be happier that i am pregnant, but why can it be nice and easy?! :)

I got really bad cramp in my right calf last night and it is still killing me now, my sides are acheing like i have no idea!! dont get me wrong, couldnt be happier that i am pregnant, but why can it be nice and easy?! :)

I don't know, but you have a point! :thumbup:. Personally I LOVE the media articles (normally written by male doctors) that say that Childbirth SHOULD be painful - to be a "right of passage" so that we can better bond with our babies :dohh:

Get some "standing calf stretches" going to stretch those calf muscles out... do you know how do do them? Keeop your fluids up too.

Yes, definitely worth getting it clarified then.

QT

id get them to do another test to make sure as im O negative and its a little bit of a pain :(

I hate needles, but I'd still request another test to be sure xx

id definitely request another test hun, because they said that i was o positive and there is no-one in my family at all who ha that bloody type, did it again and i was a positive, silly people x

Is the negative/positive to do with the Rhesus factor or is it something completely different?

If you are Rhesus negative then it's very important as you will need to have some jabs later on in the pregnancy.

Not too hot on all the blood stuff so thought I'd just check?

I thought developing antibodies was only a concern if you're rhesus negative? Or am i missing something here?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->