Blood Blister on canine tooth

_Vicky_

Mum to twins
Reaction score
oohhhhhhh Sam has both lower canines coming through and one has a blood blister on it eeekkkkk

I have googled my eyes out and basically if it doesnt botther him I should leave well alone is the info I have found out but just wanted some reassurance really.

Has anyone been through this?

I have no experience of this but it sounds painful! poor Sam :hugs:

thing is that he isnt bothered at all - even let me poke it before I knew what it was - poor sod lol

Now if it were Fynn omg that would be a different story xxxx

You could always ask your Dentist to have a wee look, if nothing else it would reassure you. It could be just a flap of gum growing over the tooth and may disappear when the tooth is fully through.

You could always ask your Dentist to have a wee look, if nothing else it would reassure you. It could be just a flap of gum growing over the tooth and may disappear when the tooth is fully through.

thanks yes I have their jabs on tues and HV friday so will get it checked I think. Its basically a pooling of blood that occurs when the tooth erupts through the gum that hasnt pushed hard enough to break the skin - from what I googled and should just disperse once the tooth comes through.

thanks yes I have their jabs on tues and HV friday so will get it checked I think. Its basically a pooling of blood that occurs when the tooth erupts through the gum that hasnt pushed hard enough to break the skin - from what I googled and should just disperse once the tooth comes through.

It sounds like that's what it is but it's always best to get these things checked or you'll worry yourself sick over it :flower:

wel in true Sam style its now gone and both canines have appeared - no fuss or drama and all in three days!!!

Daisy had blood blisters when her top front teeth came through and her gum looked bruised. They looked horrendous and I nearly fainted when I first saw them.I did loads of googling at the time and found this:

Teething blisters (eruption cysts)
Sometimes when teeth start to come through, a little bleeding happens under the skin, which causes a small blood blister (cyst) or bruise on the gum.
This is a bluish colour and is likely to come where a tooth is about to come through.
It goes away when the tooth comes through.
The tooth will still come through in the usual way.
Usually no treatment is necessary.
The blister should not be pricked or cut as this may cause an infection.
See your dentist if your baby has had one of these blisters for a month or so and the tooth has still not come through.

Jacob had one and it went away after a few days the next day the tooth popped through. He did lose his appetite a bit when he had it though. Hopefully it will go away soon. I think it bother us more than it bothers them.:dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->