Blood clots after a c-section

Angel

Reaction score
Hi everyone,sorry I haven't been online much.I am going to the hospital twice a day to see my little man and feed him,he is doing really well, putting on weight and he is heaps more alert.Anyways I am abit off-track now :dohh:
I just wanted to ask if it's normal to have blood clots 2 weeks after a c-section?I just had one pass through when i went to the toilet(sorry tmi):blush:,since I have been home I have probably done too much and now I am abit paranoid,I fell fine and I have a follow up with my Doc on Tuesday I just want to know if this is normal.Thanks.

Angel my mind is blank - when did LO arrive x

He was born at 34 weeks,on the 11th, 2 weeks ago.(feels longer than that tho lol)

Bless - I may have missed a post? Easily these days!

Sorry to jumpyour question as I wouldn't know but how is he? How are you? Did anything trigger his early arrival?

Thanks wobbles,I am ok just missing my little man.He is doing well my waters broke at 33+5,I was just going to sit down on my bed when it happend,so my DH rushed me to hospital where they gave me the steroids and antibiotics.They were going to send me home with my waters broken but 48 hours after they broke James (my lo) was in distress so they gave me an emergency c-section.They don't know what caused me waters to brake,he was only 1/5 engaged and I had no infection or anything like that.He is doing really well tho,he never needed oxygen and he is feeding and putting on the pounds so hopefully he will be home soon(with any luck).

I had afew clots pass in my second week after having a C Section. I asked the midwife and she said it could be quite normal as long as there isnt an offensive smell or anything it wasnt any thing to worry about.

If you're concerned though just ask your midwife hun, its what theyre there for.

And CONGRATULATIONS

xx

I had blood and small clots passing even a month later. AS long as they arn't big clots and you feel ok it should be fine. But again safe to talk to your dr about it if you're unsure

Congrats on your little one I hope all is well. How much did he weigh? He should be home very soon!!!

Thanks Steph,when he was born he weighed 2.1kg,he is now 2.104 (so back to his birth weight).I just got back from seeing him and they were talking about sending him home next week(fingers crossed).How's your little Angel doing?How close to being home is she?

Ohhhhh Angel, I hope LO comes home next week!!! *fingers crossed* x

Thanks Tam,they are still talking about him coming home mid next week,he is having all sucking feeds and has gained enough weight to come home,but we will see,I am not getting my hopes up just yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->