Blood hcg has gone down, HPT's darker than ever??

Jms88

Reaction score
Hi everyone. My first hcg draw at 4w4d was 387 (low end of normal). At 5w it dropped to 217. At 5w4d (yesterday)I had some spotting so I went to the dr (this is when I got the results of the second draw). She said to go for another blood test in a week to be sure levels were going all the way down. I had a few pregnancy tests left so I figured I would test to watch the decrease. Both yesterday and today my tests were darker than ever. Bleeding has continued but is not heavy at all (less than a period). Called NP she said not to be concerned, lines don't tell the whole story. But I am concerned. And confused. Why would they be darker if my hcg had already dropped. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Hi, I really appreciate the reply. I have pretty much given up on this pregnancy being viable but my concern now is that it could be ectopic if levels are rising (if that is what the darker tests mean). I have been having more pain on one side but the nurses and NP at my dr's office seemed pretty convinced that it would not be.

I had this happen with my ectopic, please push to be seen. Big hugs x

Thank you for sharing that. I will stay on them.

The pain on one side would concern me. Definitely keep on them about that.

The lines would not concern me though. I had a missed miscarriage in April followed by a D&C. At 3 weeks post-D&C my lines were as dark as they were on my first positive test, maybe darker (I actually wondered if I was pregnant again). The tests finally looked negative about 4.5 weeks after the D&C, which took place approximately 2 weeks after baby had stopped growing. My OB didn't do HCG draws so I don't know my levels, but I do know that it took a long time for my tests to stop looking very positive and I had nothing left in me, just some very slowly falling hormones.

I'm sorry you have had to experience this. It's never easy.

Hi. Thank you for sharing your story. I feel a little better knowing that someone else experienced the darker tests. I will definitely be keeping an eye on the pain. Just want this to be over.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->