Blood in poop - 9 weeks

Babybump2017

Reaction score
Good evening ladies :)

I'm 9 weeks today and have just noticed something that has naturally panicked me...

Cutting it short the prenatal vitamins I've been on from day 1 constipated me terribly for the first couple of weeks, I wasn't going for days on end but it has eased since my body has probably just got use to what's in them. I'm still not going properly but it's more frequent and I'm not getting those horrible constipation gassy pains which were a problem before!

Tonight whilst managing to go a little bit.. (so sorry TMI) when I wiped there was pure red blood on the tissue. So I panicked thinking it was from the front end, stuck a tissue up there- nothing! Then observed what I managed to do in the toilet and part of it was blood coated. Besides that's one wipe the tissue was clear after.

I saw my baby a week ago at 8 weeks and all was good, I'm really worried. Has anyone else had this?

Sounds like you had a little tear while you were straining to go. I've had this before yes. Do call your doctor if it keeps up, but in the meantime try your best to up your water in take and fruit.

Hemorroid and/or fizzure. These are things that I have had during ALL of my pregnancies just because of the constipation it causes. Get yourself some nice witch hazel (I really like Thayers because it has aloe and no alcohol) and wipe with it on a cotton pad until this heals, and you can have it on hand to wipe with after each bowel movement. It's soooo soothing, and it keeps the area super clean and reduces swelling so you won't get something terrible like an abscess (cringe - I've been there before!).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->