Blood pressure 144/106 ?? Is this really high?? Update page 3

Just want to offer a little reasurance. In both my pregnancies my blood pressure is great until the last few weeks when it seems to shoot up and hover around 145/90 ish. I have never been diagnosed with pre-eclampsia as urine was always clear. They just kept an eye on my blood pressure, checking it more often and advised to contact if any symptoms eg sudden swelling, flashing lights or headaches.
Whenever it was over the 90 they would send me to day assessment then send me home if it was back at 90 or below. Both my boys were born perfectly healthy at 39+5 and 40+2. My BP went straight back down to normal following birth.
As to requesting an induction I would discuss the options with your doctor, they will be the first to advise induction if they think thats what is safest. They advised me they would induce at 41 weeks if my second hadn't put in an appearance.
Hope all is ok.

Good news, my bp was 137/78 much better! Bad news was my little bubba is fully engaged but posteria !! Really wasn't keen on a assisted birth hopefully I can get this babe to turn!!

Why do you need an assisted birth? I pushed my direct op baby out in less than 30 minutes with no assistance or tears. Good news about your bp :)

Glad your blood pressure is down. Do lots of scrubbing the floors on your hands and knees that might help bubs turn. Best of luck.

Thanks girls, blah its just my assumption from everything i have read it seems pretty unlikely to have an unassisted posterior birth without intervention be it drugs or forceps or vacumn, yours is one of the few success stories i have read. X

Crawl around on all 4s... not the moste comfortable thing at 39-40weeks preg but it works x

These quite a few people on bnb who have hun :)

Have a look on the labour and birth section, im sure theres a thread about back to back labours and births there.

https://www.babyandbump.com/labour-birth/676319-back-back-labour-vs-normal-labour.html

Quite a few positive stories there and not many ended in assisted or csections.

That is great news about your BP, I strongly urge you to keep a close eye on it though. BP in PE can fluctuate quite a lot, especially at the beginning. Posterior babies can still turn and a friend of mine has a number of things to try. Will ask and post them. Good luck : )

Thanks blah ill check out thay thread now. Nov mum i will definitly be keepimg an eye on it and appreciate you posting the thinsg to try and turn bubs, gosh pregnancy can be so up and down huh!!

That is high hun, I'm on meds for mine and have been since 20 weeks but the highest it ever went was 150/100. Coupled with the protein in your urine I'm surprised they didn't take this more seriously as possible pre-eclampsia.

With my last baby my blood pressure was fine right through but shot up at 37 weeks and they had me in for monitoring every other day until I delivered at 40+1 and they were talking about inducing me at this point anyway. If it's still high at your appointment tomorrow I would imagine you won't need to request an induction, I would think they will start considering it as an option anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->