Blood pressure advice???

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by katratrina, Mar 31, 2011.

1. katratrina

katratrina Mum of 3, and Pregnant!

hi guys i just need advice on my blood pressure! it was 146/74. does this seem high or is it ok??? the doctor didn't say anything but i am still worried.

2. msq

msq Well-Known Member

that is high...i think your dr should've said something. if it stays that high they may start to worry about pre eclampsia. I had pressures like that & they put me on blood pressure meds.

3. Macmad

Macmad Happy mum of 2!

Hi

I'm not a doctor so don't quote me but I did use to monitor BP for my clients when I was doing GP Referrals in my job as gym instructor and we were taught that its the diastolic that you should be concerned about ( the second figure) and yours is fine. I think they get worried if it goes above 90+.

Oh and worrying makes your BP worst.....lol....sure that helps!

If your doctor is not concerned then I would try not to worry. :flower:

Hope that helps! x:hugs:

4. Debbie_23

Debbie_23 Mummy of two lovely boys

Your top number is a little on high side, but you bottom number is not high at all. It really depends what your bp was at the very start of your pregnancy and whether its gone up loads. Plus bp can vary throughout the day depending what youve been doing, whether your hot etc so you cant base it just on one reading really. When I go to midwife mine is usually around 132/72 but if I take it at home it drops to 119/68 but I always get nervous at midwife incase they find something wrong so my bp is always up when I get it taken there. If doctor wasnt worried then I wouldnt be either.

5. soontobemom

soontobemom Mom to Emily and Jacob xx

mine was 146/75 on monday morning, but it was a warm day and i had been rushing, they took it again after 5 mins and it was fine. i am being monitored due to pre-e with DD and my bp has been up and down this pregnancy too.
    my doctor and mw both said the bottom figure is over 90 then it is high. can't remember what the value for the top one is, as another poster said try not to worry too much as it doesn't help especially with bp

6. Lucy0945

Lucy0945 Well-Known Member

They get concerned if it goes over 140/90.

7. Clo

Clo mum 2 an angel boy, and 2 rainbow boys

My midwife said that it really does depend on your 'normal' blood pressure. She said that usually they will let u go 20 points over ur booking in appointment blood pressure, unless the bottom number goes over 90 at which point they will monitor it.

My current bp is around 146/88 and they aren't worried about it too much because my booking in bp was118/85...although I have had a few spikes where it has gone up to the late 90's so they are checking my bp fortnightly just in case.

So I wouldn't worry hun xxx

8. +tivethoughts

+tivethoughts Mummy to two little men

My consultant worries if the bottom number reaches 90+ OR the top number reaches 150+ I was put on labetalol when my bp readings consistently read 158/98 or there abouts.

If your doc has not indicated that he is worried. Then don't worry - it'll only make your BP readings higher.

When you next go for a check - ask them if you can take a few good deep breaths before and you'll find they'll more than likely be lower!

9. RiRi

RiRi Mummy to a Princess

its the bottom number they tend to be concerned about and urs is fine as this is the one that indicates pre eclampsia / high bp etc xx