Blood Pressure

Lazy Leo

Reaction score
Blood pressure has always kind of confused me. I've done some looking on google but just wondered if any of you can just confirm that my blood pressure is good - I got 118/67 at 11 weeks.

Am I right in thinking it would be classed as low bp if the bottom number fell to below 60? I was once told I had low bp when I went for my check up for the pill a few years back but didn't really think much of it.

How close to low is 67, the number '7' doesn't seem a lot, but in the case of bp is it actually quite a bit? And what would be the risks of low bp in pregnancy? I know high bp can be an indicator of pre-eclampsia but haven't heard so much about low bp :shrug:

Your blood pressure sounds absolutely fine to me. Mine was similar but the systolic number (higher one) was lower mine was 103/69 - my doc was very happy with that.
I think if blood pressure is very low it can cause circulation problems and fainting but you shouldn't be worried about yours.

Oh also i think it is normal for blood pressure to drop a little in early pregnancy before rising again later on.

Mine is usually 90 something/60 something, and everytime the doc said it's looking great! Like joeyjo said, you're bp also drops when you get pregnant :)

Ah, I thought it increased! Excellent, I knew it would be fine because she didn't say anything really at all, the numbers just seemed low and google wasn't telling me much!

Thank you very much indeedy!

Looks perfect to me, better than my 168/110!!!:dohh:

Mine is consistantly around 97-100/60 and it's not caused me any probs.

Your blood pressure usually will be lower than normal at the beginnig of your pregnancy because your body is producing all that extra blood for the baby-brewing, and your heart has to start working a little harder, but it takes a while for it to get around in your body and for your heart to get used to it. At 12 weeks, my BP was 112/60, which is low for me, my average is 130/80. Now I'm back up to my normal range, and on some days, a little higher than that. Everyone is different, and it helps to know what your BP is before being pregnant, but not everyone knows, which is ok too. Your Dr. will monitor your BP throughout your pregnancy, so it doesn't go too high, or too low for that matter.

my booking BP was 119/68 which is about normal for me. it dropped to 94/60 and i had major probs - going dizzy, headaches and passing out. this is still an acceptable pregnancy BP, but cos i'm used to it higher the big drop made me dizzy etc. it has gone back up as quickly as it went down so they are keeping an eye on it.

Last two time i had mine done it was 94/59 and 100/50 and i was told these were both low, it has caused me some problems such as dizzyness and passing out. Im sure your bp is fine though.

Mine is usually 120/70. Not sure if that is normal. I need to find out as i want a water birth and the MW said for me to get in the water my BP had to be bang on. Bang on what?

Normal BP range is between 100-140 for top number and 60-100 for bottom, some people may naturally have higher or lower BP and as long as there is not any sudden leaps either way then it is fine, I tend to have borderline low BP but at my last check it was raised which it has never been before, I have been suffering badly with sickness and I still get dizziness but midwife didn't seem too worried at that stage

Looks fine to me. Sometimes the higher number can be a little higher if your nervous.
Mine was around 80/120. With my daughter towards the end was 95/140, even being 103/156.

Gosh! I suffered with pre-eclampsia during my pregnancy and was induced due to my bp being so high. My bp was 150/110 when they took that decision, they class bottom line reading over 90 as high bp and with any other symptoms pre-eclamptic. Has your mw said anything to you? xx

Gosh! I suffered with pre-eclampsia during my pregnancy and was induced due to my bp being so high. My bp was 150/110 when they took that decision, they class bottom line reading over 90 as high bp and with any other symptoms pre-eclamptic. Has your mw said anything to you? xx

Yeah I was admitted hun, they thought i had PE too as i had protein in urine and increased uric acid levels. It went down thank god so i was allowed home! Now seeing the MW once a week and have a scan and consultant app every 4 weeks :( Off work too :) Have to be readmitted if my BP goes over 140/90 or I have 1 + of protein!

Yeah I was admitted hun, they thought i had PE too as i had protein in urine and increased uric acid levels. It went down thank god so i was allowed home! Now seeing the MW once a week and have a scan and consultant app every 4 weeks :( Off work too :) Have to be readmitted if my BP goes over 140/90 or I have 1 + of protein!

Aww hun i know how you feel! I was really lucky that i got to 40 weeks. I was on bed rest also which was great at first but the bigger i got the more frustrating it was being stuck in. For me when i was first told i didn't feel that bad and kinda carried on, i got really bad towards the end and eventually i was induced at righgt on 40 weeks. I hope that things stabalise for you and just get loads of rest, it really does work and i'm sure that's why i made it to the 40 weeks xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"