Blood pressure

Rach276

Reaction score
My BPs up and the midwife seemed quite concernd and arranged a midwife to come out monday to re do it. Is it normal for it to be raised?

Mine increased slightly after Phoebe was born, I was having problems with it 5 weeks before she was due and was in and out of hospital. It dropped back to normal around 5 days after she was born but then went up again, the doctor said it could have been due to the stress of a newborn and I have been put on medication to control it.

I had pre eclamsia when Alex was born but as my bp wouldnt go down naturally Im on medication to try and lower it, still doesnt seem to be doing the trick but im sure thats for the circumstances, im sure you have nothing to worry about, glad there looking after you xxx

Mine increased slightly after Phoebe was born, I was having problems with it 5 weeks before she was due and was in and out of hospital. It dropped back to normal around 5 days after she was born but then went up again, the doctor said it could have been due to the stress of a newborn and I have been put on medication to control it.

Mine is virtually same as that! I was in and out of hospital in last 6 weeks with mega high bp. i was told to stop taking my bp tablets after jayden was born but it slightly high again so i'm back on the tablets and now it is fine x

Mine is virtually same as that! I was in and out of hospital in last 6 weeks with mega high bp. i was told to stop taking my bp tablets after jayden was born but it slightly high again so i'm back on the tablets and now it is fine x

Are you on labetalol? They have given me really bad headaches and I hope i can come off them at my 6 week check. My BP went up to stroke level but I felt fine although I had to spend a few nights in hospital being monitored. x

Mine was really high for around 7 weeks before the birth and didn't go back to normal till around a month pp. xx

Are you on labetalol? They have given me really bad headaches and I hope i can come off them at my 6 week check. My BP went up to stroke level but I felt fine although I had to spend a few nights in hospital being monitored. x

No, I was given Labetalol to start with but couldnt take them as I have asthma and you're not meant to take them if you have asthma. I'm on Methyldopa now. My blood pressure was taken at a doc app the other day and it was fine so hoping to come off them after 28 days. x

I also had pre-eclampsia and was induced. My bp didn't start going down until nearly 4 weeks after having Lexie. It's still not back to pre pregnancy pressure yet! xx

My BP took a few weeks to go down after the birth as i had pre eclampsia with my daughter. I was only told i couldnt go on any form of contracetive pill for upto 12months after.
Some days it would be ok & then others it could be really bad & she would threaten to send me to hospital if i didnt sit down & rest.

I think it can be quite normally but try & put your feet up as much as you can & also bananas are supposed to help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"