Pudding-x123

Just checked it and

1st ) 150 over 95 Pulse rate 77

2nd ) 139 over 87 Pulse rate 98

3rd ) 142 over 92 Pulse rate 106

4th ) 147 over 92 Pulse rate 97

How are they ??
xxx

Thats really high.. My blood pressure was 138/78 and midwife said that was high and wanted too see me the next day :-( so your is def high.. but it depends on what your normal results are if it dramitcally increased then its more of a worry, make an appt with Mw chick x

Thats very high ....do u have any headache ? visual disterbences ? I would ring labour ward they may want you in to monitor it xxx

Yeah, you should get checked out. I do my own blood pressure sometimes too and can get all sorts of different results though, so it isn't necessarily anything to worry about. Eg this afternoon 146 over 90 on my monitor, but 125 over 80 at the clinic.

I agree that sounds really high...

I do get headaches at times and I have noticed that my eyes are abut crappy. My mother has told me to rest and see what it is in the morning. Doesn't want me to ring midwife as she might have to take me to hospital tonight. How annoying!

Okay so my BP results are normally

130/82
110/78
136/80
128/82 and so on.

I have just done BP again twice and they were

140/87
137/86

Ring the midwife or hospital, I think you should have you bp checked by someone. Mine was 115 when I was in labour and 100 when they induced me, which i was told was very high. I was also told that its 'safe' for you bp to be up by 20 (bottom number) of your booking in bp reading if tht makes sense? They can give u blood pressure tablets if need be. hope everythings ok, thinking of you :hugs: xxx

Also just noticed u have a thread on puffy feet ! It all sounds like pre-elecpicia (SP)

I girls, I took BP before I lay down and it was 160/100. After a while it had gone down to 121/77. I have decided to just have a rest tonight and see what it is in the morning. OH is panicking as he is not here, bless him.

If BP is alright tomorrow I will wait to see what it is like in the afternoon. The only bad thing is I'm doing peoples hair tomorrow from 9-3.45.

Eurgh I'm so exhausted, I feel like crap !

yeah that is really high. my usual is about below 96 and the lower bit is usually 70 or below. I do have low (normally low) blood pressure though. On a good day my blood pressure is is fine at about 111/82. This gives you some indication as to what it should be.

https://www.vaughns-1-pagers.com/medicine/blood-pressure.htm

They used to say your age +100 for the first number but it's the 2nd number that is the important one.

Mine at booking in was 140/80 which is fine for my age as i am nearly 40, and the 80 is on the high side of normal, but my bp has remained constant so mine is 'normal' for me.
It all depends on what is 'your' normal - and different bp machines will give different readings, just like different cuff sizes will aslo affect the readings - an whether you're even talking when the test is on or not.

The reading my maternity book gives as a reason for you to be checked out for pre-eclampsia is anything above 140/90 - a reading that is higher than either the top or bottom number (e.g. 137/94 or 145/85) should be checked, especially if it is combined with blurry vision/seeing stars & puffiness of ankles, hands, face and feet.

Best give mw a call to get checked out just to be on the safe side. I'm sure you will be fine but I had to go to the hospital to be checked when mine was 138/94. They checked it and I have been fine ever since but I now get checked regularly.

Ang
x

Hope its back to normal hun but if not please get it checked out, its better to be safe, take care :hugs: XX

Mine was 120/60 normally and rocketed to 165/95 and was watched carefully for pre -eclampsia (sp) but you need your urine testing asap for protein

luckily mine was all due to stress and not pre-eclampsia

think you should get checked out

x x x

How are you today hun?

Mine too is usually about 120/60.

mine is usually 120/70 odd and i got sent to the hospital with readings of 130/97!

Hiya hun, i was feeling unwell went to the hospital my bp was 150/90 and i had protein in my urine and was admitted and not released for a week :( ! lol they said i have PIH Pregnancy induced hypertension...im now on blood pressure tablets which are controlling it at the moment but have to go weekly for BP Check..i also get headaches and ankles are slightly swollen! With regards to you bp being high it depends what is normal for you? at the beginning of my pregnancy it was 100/60 usually around about that xx

The doctors get concerned if the bottom number is 90 or above, or 20+ from booking in bp. However my consultant with my last baby (one of the best in London due to having pre eclampsia in three previous pregnancies, and having a stillbirth in my third pregnancy) says that the electronic bp machines are unreliable for pregnant woman, so much so they no longer use them in the maternity department (so antenatal clinic/ward, labour ward etc). Still worth a quick bp check with either your mw or gp just to reassure you.

Mine is usually really low, 96/48......so when mine gets to 130's/80's I get worried, but the doctors/nurses never seem to be concerned.

Hopefully yours will go down and wont be too much of a problem for you!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->