blood results are back ...recent rubella infection!!!!!!!

Chocciebutton

Reaction score
I have justhad my 12 weeks scan...results for downs etc came back quite a good result considering my age....but I have recived my blood test results this morning and I am really worried. I found out when I was 7 weeks pregnant that I had come into contact with a girl with german measles when I was taking my 6 year old son swimming lessons....I have had german measles in the past and had the vaccination at 14. Anyway it is showing on my results that I have had a recent infection and I have got to go up to the hopital tomorrow to see the consultant :cry:
They are doing further tests that may take up to 10 days but if it has affected the baby then it could be deaf or have brain damage or heart defects . I was unwell at around 9 weeks pregnant with mild temp and aches and swollen glands but put it down to a bug going around. I am so worried now.

Omg, what a worry :(
I hope the tests are done quick and the consultant can put your mind at rest for the time being x

I am so sorry to hear that- I had no idea we could still catch German Measles after having the jab at 14 years old. I'm sure your baby will be fine and good luck tomorrow- thinking of you!!! xxxx

Hi hun I hope everything is ok please keep us posted..

Can I ask how old you are??

Just I had my rubella done at 14 and when we started ivf they needed to ensure i was immune to it and tested me for this. I was infact iimmune and i didnt need a re new.

I am 28 so its a good 14 years since my rubella and i am still immune.,

Could if be possible that you may be too? Please do not worry, if they found you have any sort of infection they would call you in to help clear the infection up, did they say it was something to do with german measles?x

All the best hun, i just found out through blood tests that i am not immune to rubella!! I've had measles and i even had the injection when i was younger......wondering what else i'm not immune to?!
Try not to worry tho (easier said than done i know) but you're blood tests would have told you if you were not immune at the same time as the downs so you should be ok if you are x

beauty ...I am 39 in April and I had my jab at 14....but I do have a weakened immune system due to me having Hashimotos which is an auto immune disease. Yes you can still get German measles afterthe jab it just shouldnt affectyou as bad.

ive read it affects 9 out of 10 babies if the mother has it under 12 weeks. Im wondering if my results show I am no longer immune, they did say this can happen over the years! Im hoping I will get results tomorrow as they are sending my old blood sample they have at the hospital to another laboratory for further testing???!!, if it comes back unclear then I need to wait 10 days for it to go to another lab?? dont really know what is going on to be honest? thought they would do a fresh blood test but seems they dont need too?

oh no how worrying. Hopefully it is just a precation and the odds low. good luck

Try and not worry I havent personally been in yr position so dont want to sound pratronising, I can say I think our health proffesionals are excellent when it comes to pregnant mums, any slightest thin they have been concerned about I have been sent for bloodwork or scans worrying I know but more often than not they like to err on the side of caution. Hope you keep me posted and I will be thinking of you xx sending a big hug yr way xx

It also says that they recommend termination......there is no way I would do that!!!!
then in the second breath they are saying it could have one of following.....heart problems, brain damage, deafness, cataracts etc.....I really am starting to think that some of these tests are causing more worrying than it is worth . It could be mild and not a problem as such. Hopefully they may be able to tell about the heart and brain from a scan?

thanks spring baby. It just seems thatas soon as you get over one hurdle another comes along and I think this time round I am panicking a lot more

I would think that they could see any major physical problems (heart and brain) on a detailed ultrasound, but probably not cataracts. I am sorry that you are going through this and hope it ends up ok.

Aww hunny how scary, fingers crossed everything will be fine with your baby.xxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"