Blood test results...? *UPDATED!*

marshalynne

Reaction score
Hello all!

I am a constant stalker, but not a real active poster... but I just wanted to run this by ya'll to see what everyone thought.

Last November (2010) my husband and I went through a miscarriage at 4.5 weeks. I found out I was pregnant and started to bleed four days later.

We've been trying ever since, but nothing has happened... until this month. I decided this past month to not pay attention to it at all - I couldn't even tell you when my period started for certain. I think it was May 3rd, but it could have been anywhere from May 2nd to May 5th. At any rate, I was expecting AF sometime around the first week of June... but it never came. So I started testing and nada - not a thing.. until...

The night of June 5th I took a Clearblue Easy +/- test and it came up FAINT positive but that line disappeared and I thought I was just seeing things, thank you very much. Then, on the morning of June 6th with SMU I took an Answer test and two lines came up within about two minutes, and it was definitely positive. So I go in yesterday for a blood test (seeing as how I miscarried last November) and my first beta came back at 15. I had taken another Answer this morning with FMU and the test is definitely positive - it's got a darker line - but now I'm a bit concerned with the low HCG. Doc says I'm about 3 weeks pregnant.

Any advice? Opinions? I go back in tomorrow for a repeat beta, but I'm just a little bit nervous right now. :)

Awhh congratulations, the only advice i got is to chill and not worry about it. I have my first blood tests on the 13th and am nervous about them as well.
Just keep calm and relax
:hugs:

Your hcg may have been only 15, but anything above 5 indicates pregnancy. Plus, you were only 3 weeks at the time. Here is a chart to show that's normal hcg for that time: https://www.americanpregnancy.org/duringpregnancy/hcglevels.html

You should definitely go in for another hcg after 48-72 hours to confirm your levels are rising at the correct rate. Some docs won't do this unless you specifically ask, so do so if that's what you want.

Congrats on your pregnancy!

If you type in hcg chart It comes up with what they would expect and on the one I looked at it said 5-50 for 3 weeks 4-426 at 4 weeks so I would say it's all looking pretty positive ;) good luck, hope you have a happy & healthy pregnancy x

Thanks ladies!!

It just so happens this one month is the time I decide NOT to pay attention to my ovulation... so I have no idea when I actually ovulated - but I know last week all the hpt's were negative...so I must have ovulated late (I've been super stressed thanks to work - thank goodness I'm on summer vacation now) which means I've implanted later than I would've if I had ovulated 14 days after the start of my period.

I go in for another beta tomorrow, then will find out on Thursday what the numbers look like. Also have my first OB appointment on Thursday morning. So, I'll keep everyone updated on how it looks!

:)

Ok, so I have the results of my second beta now...

My numbers went from 15 to 55 in 2 days, but it looks like my progesterone is just a bit low at 7.8. How does that look to everyone else? I'm still very early - but the number looks much better. :)

Ahhh... I found this on a website online: "During the first trimester, progesterone levels will rise. They will be at approximately 1 to 1.5 ng/ml during the first two weeks of the first trimester, right after conception. During weeks 2 through 4 of the first trimester, the levels of progesterone will rise to somewhere between 2 and 28 ng/ml. Progesterone levels will continue to rise during the first trimester, reaching a level somewhere between 9 and 47 ng/ml by the end of the first trimester. During the second trimester, progesterone levels will be in the 17 to 147 ng/ml range, and they will be between 55 and 200 ng/ml during the third trimester of pregnancy." https://www.amazingpregnancy.com/pregnancy-articles/655.html

I'm at 7.8 and I just implanted last Friday or so, so that would make me 2-3 weeks pregnant. I'd have to say I'm ok, but I am going tomorrow morning for an appointment with my OB just to be sure.

Sorry, I don't have any answers for you regarding progesterone -I didn't get mine checked so don't know what it should be. Your hcg is more than doubling so that looks good!
Hope others can help u out. Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"