• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Blood Test "Week" Confusion

Krohrer90

Reaction score
I'm brand new to this pregnancy thing and I'm a little confused! After multiple positive pregnancy tests I made an appointment with my OBGYN. They asked when my last period was and said I would be considered around 4 weeks pregnant.

I had a blood test done with my family doctor yesterday and the results said 2 weeks or less pregnant.

Is this normal?

I would say yes. The "first" 2 weeks of your pregnancy you aren't actually pregnant yet. Doctors go by your last menstrual period, which is normally 2 weeks before O, to get a better idea how far along you are. So say you are 4 weeks pregnant according to your last period, but in reality you are only 2 weeks pregnant :) Do you know what your HCG results were?

Thanks for the response! I was only given the information that the blood test said I was pregnant and I was two weeks or less along.

I talked to my obgyn today and I'm going in tomorrow to have another blood test done to check out the discrepancy. I'm praying it's nothing and all is well!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"