• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Blood testing on day of Ultrasound Monitoring

promise07

Reaction score
Has anyone gotten blood LH testing to monitor for ovulation in addition to ultrasound monitoring? I'm taking Femara CD3-7 for the first time, and my RE wants me to go in on CD10 for ultrasound monitoring, but also for an LH blood test that morning which is extremely weird to me. They also mentioned using OPKs.

It seems a bit excessive given that we're just doing timed intercourse this month and a trigger shot.

Anyone with similar experience?

I have gotten blood tests almost every time I've had a ultrasound, so this seems right to me. Its seems like your RE is trying to be as accurate as he/she can so that you have a better change of getting pregnant.

My clinic always does both blood and ultrasound even for timed intercourse.

It's more accurate to have both pieces of information. If you are ovulating with low HOrmones then your eggs can be small

My clinic tests LH and Estradiol during stimulation.
In fact, one of my cycles my LH surged prematurely, my follicles weren't mature yet. It's an important thing for them to monitor.

Blood and ultrasound every time. They need to make sure that your LH is not surging (premature ovulation) and your e2 reflects the number of mature eggs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"