Blood testS!!! Arrrggghhhh!!!!!!!

L

lepaskilf

I got my first blood test nxt week, soooo scared. I think I'm more scared of them than labour!!!!! I just don't like needles!!!

Anyone else in the same boat?

Wish me luck xxxxx

Not in the same boat it's something we have to all go through but think that it's all for your LO and that should help. x

Im the same with needles; i hate them especially where they take blood. Im not to bad from having needles such as MMR and things. But i dont like where they take blood from; My midwife took my blood last week to test for high/low risk of downsyndrome. I looked at her taking my blood just once and turned away, then felt all hot and sweaty then my sight was going all blury and i couldnt hear what anyone was saying, think it was me nearly passing out LOL! :hugs: xx

Im the same, i have a real phobia of them. I cant even look at one on the tv,it makes me feel sick and pass out!!! So having blood taken doesnt happen for me because i pass out everytime!!:dohh: So yea i know how your feeling

Im ok (ish) with needles, had my bloods taken the other day and they put the wrong date of birth on it (wtf) and now i have to have them redone next monday!!! its crap!!

x

I have a phobia of needles, too, is going to be hard to have all those shots when pregnant but I plan to just look away and hold DH's hand..LOL

It's not so much the needle that bothered me. It's the gushing noise of the blood and the slight of blood. Had bloods took on Tuesday, Friday and last night. Needless to say, I look like an addict with my bruises!!

I know what you mean about the bruises!! But the needles dont bother me at all really. I wont actively watch what they're doing but I'm not scared of them :)

I 'had' the same problem when i was younger i always needed the numbing cream on before hand.
When i had 4 lots done out of the blood, it is seriously nothing at all!
Trust me! Labour bigger thing on so many levels you'll be able to do that so can do a blood test :)

Wow!!! I feel dizzy just reading these posts but as Pippin said you gotta think of your LO!!!!

Cheers for the support and good luck to you all xxxx

Do u know what? I HATE blood tests I truely do... I get myself into sucah a state with them.. and the docs etc laff at me... cos I am heavily pierced and tattooed hahhaha

:hugs:

If you're going to have problems I would ask if you can go to the blood nurse rather than the midwife do it. The blood nurse can do them in 10 seconds flat!! I have really small veins so I asked to go to her and she was fab (30 weeks PG herself) and I was in and out in less than 1 minute!!

I had bloods done last Weds and have just had the MW call to arrange an appt for next Thurs.

Surely she won't do bloods again so soon??

the quicker the better!!!! Although i'll still have to lie on the bed for 20mins afterwards!!!!!!

Iv only had bloods taken once a couple of years ago. Iv never had a phobia, but no one enjoys being jabbed im sure.

I have really deep set veins and the nurse jabbed me about 4 times in each arm cos she couldnt find a vein, so i had it taken out of my hand by a doctor. That didnt hurt at all. The needle didnt really hurt, i didnt want to look, it was just when she kept reinserting the needle in my arm fishing for a vein that made me kinda wince. Which im sure she wasnt supposed to do!

Can you request to have bloods done out of your hand? Or will they try both arms until unsuccessful first?

Claire, the mid-wife thought I might need to have this done. They will always try your arm first as it's better blood apparently....but out of your hadn should be the next option.

I had a doctor rooting around in my arm for nigh on 20 minutes once, got 3ml of blood out of me in the end! Pointless!!! Thankfully the blood nurse knew what she was doing!

Claire, the mid-wife thought I might need to have this done. They will always try your arm first as it's better blood apparently....but out of your hadn should be the next option.

I had a doctor rooting around in my arm for nigh on 20 minutes once, got 3ml of blood out of me in the end! Pointless!!! Thankfully the blood nurse knew what she was doing!

Ahhh i didnt know that! Thats what mine was like! She got a tiny amount of blood (and alot of bruising afterwards haha!).

And i suppose a belt round the arm and patting it to raise the veins may look a little dodgy in a hospital!

Oh well, its all done for a reason and our poor little flumps have to have their 1st injections in their thighs! Awww :baby:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->