blood tests?

angelmyky

Me, My Hubby & My Lil Boy
Reaction score
when you have a blood test done how long does it normally take you to get your results? and where are you from obviously?

i know it varies depending on what you are being tested for and where you are from (different towns etc) but surely it shouldnt take more than a week for some tests.

i had a blood test done on 25th (january), normally it would take just 3-4 days to get the results so i rang the doctors on 28th but they said the results werent back and that it can take upto 2 WEEKS!!!! wth, i cant wait that long. :nope:

My results took about 10 days to two weeks ( I don't remember, but it did take much longer than I thought it would!) I guess it depends on how busy they are.

i had mine done on the monday and the results were back 10 days later, hope u r ok :hugs:

i had a pregnancy blood test done on tuesday 25th january.
i thought the result would be back by this tuesday but they told me that it can take up to 2 weeks. grrrr. but im ringing back tomorrow. dont think i can wait til next week.
i need to know if i am pregnant or not soon, i havent had a period since 23rd November. :wacko:

i had a pregnancy blood test done on tuesday 25th january.
i thought the result would be back by this tuesday but they told me that it can take up to 2 weeks. grrrr. but im ringing back tomorrow. dont think i can wait til next week.
i need to know if i am pregnant or not soon, i havent had a period since 23rd November. :wacko:

Fingers crossed for you hun :thumbup: XX

thank you. i rang them this morning and apparently theyre still not back. she gave my husband a number for the pathology department at the hospital because apparently "some patients ring for their own results from there...." but i rang them and they say a doctor has to ring and they dont give out results to patients.
grrrr!!!!

i actually got upset. :( im 5-6 weeks late for AF now so its all getting to me.

the receptionist said my results should be back by monday (7th) now.

im not going to even ask them next time, im going to just get an appointment with the doctor and ask him/her, if the results arent back then they can ring for the results right then. i wont wait any longer than monday.

thank you. i rang them this morning and apparently theyre still not back. she gave my husband a number for the pathology department at the hospital because apparently "some patients ring for their own results from there...." but i rang them and they say a doctor has to ring and they dont give out results to patients.
grrrr!!!!

i actually got upset. :( im 5-6 weeks late for AF now so its all getting to me.

the receptionist said my results should be back by monday (7th) now.

im not going to even ask them next time, im going to just get an appointment with the doctor and ask him/her, if the results arent back then they can ring for the results right then. i wont wait any longer than monday.

i dont blame you, they take their time on bloods i know what its like to feel anxious! hope u get the results u want, keep us updated :flower:

well i rang this morning and this is how it went:
me: "i need to get an appointment with the doctor"
receptionist: "he will have to give you a call back"
me: "when will that be? im not in all day"
receptionist: "about 5pm"
me: "i cant talk over the phone, i need to see him whether my blood results are back or not"
receptionist: "when did you have them done?"
me: "2 weeks ago tomorrow"
receptionist: "right well theres a urine result back but the blood results arent"
me: "i had them done at the same time"
receptionist: "theres no appointments free, the doctor isnt in til 12 so he will have to call you back about 5pm"
me: "WHAT?! im nearly 7 weeks late now"
receptionist: "there's nothing else, he will have to call you"
me: "FINE...."
receptionist: "what's your number?"
me: "7....." (and so on lol)

i cant believe this. they're still not back but the urine result is.... and she doesnt tell me what it is!!

so now i have to wait til 5pm for the doctor to ring me back. im giving him til then and no later. if he doesnt call by that time then i will ring them back.

someone rings up with just a cold or something else thats not an emergency, and they get in straight away..... i ring up saying im 7 weeks late, been waiting 2 weeks for my blood results and i need to see him (not talk to him).... and they say there's no free appointments etc.
so that means they cant even squeeze me in.
plus when he does ring me he wont have my results, i have to ask him to call the hospital then he'll have to ring me back again....

such a big mess around!!!!

i will update when hes called me.

Now, if you need to test blood, then it needs to be excreted, the only way to have done, is blood using a needle and syringe needle point need more blood tests, while other patients with diabetes more than 3 times a day Use a small spring loaded Lancet, provides a small point of blood for your test suite.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->