Blood tinged mucous at 21 weeks...

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by My bump, Jan 31, 2011.

1. My bump

My bump Cooking a little one

Anyone got any experiences?? I wiped to find some clear discharge with blood tinged in it.

I dont want to call the hosp because it was only bout the size of a 10p and I thought I will keep checking throughout the night and call if it gets worse. Ive never had any v. bleeding in either of my pregnancies so this feels a bit scary (albeit small amount I know) just wondering if anyone else has had a similar episode??

I havent had sex or anything that could have caused it either.

Thanks xx

2. JustThisGirl

JustThisGirl Well-Known Member

As long as you're not experiencing and severe pains or the bleeding doesn't get any heavier, then it's perfectly normal and common to have slight spotting during your first pregnancy.
    I had this at 15weeks and went to the hospital, if you're worried they will check you over and do an ultrasound for the babies heartbeat but reast assure babe it is ok, if the bleeding persists for 24 hours and it's heavier then go to the hospital other then that.... It's ok. =] Hope this helps. xxx

3. Flick

Flick Well-Known Member

Like JustThisGirl said, if it gets heavier, particularly if it's bright red, or if you start cramping, get help. Even if it doesnt get worse, you can ask your GP or midwife to check for a heartbeat, which is *hugely* reassuring :) Part of their job is your peace of mind :)

Just to reassure you, I had a mix of 'period' type bleeding and brown spotting from about 13 weeks to 24 weeks, and everything is fine - I think it must have been coming from my cervix since ultrasounds showed nothing wrong inside the womb itself. Point being, it was quite a lot more than a 10pence-worth and everything was still fine :)

I found that bed rest did help it settle down a bit - and certainly it was made worse by things like walking too far, too fast or anything else that made me stretch things more than normal. But I dont think the bleeding has done any actual harm, it was just a nuisance (and a worry, I'll admit!) xxx