blood?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by barrowland, Jan 30, 2011.

1. barrowland

barrowland Well-Known Member

last night on one of my many trips to the toilet when i whipped i noticed a bit of blood on the paper, very red not alot just a tiny bit im due tomorrow and i think iv lost my plug at begining of the week, had a small lump of mucus stuff like snot. i was just wondering if i should either be excited or worried about this tiny bit of blood

2. austinsmom

austinsmom Well-Known Member

my mw said anything over 2 tablespoons of bright red blood is something to worry about... but if it was a tiny amount, it might just be your cervix dialating (little blood vessles bursting).
    if anything, i'd be excited, lol. :flower:

3. Gemma Lou

Gemma Lou Well-Known Member

contact your midwife just to be on the safe side xx

4. KitKatBit

KitKatBit Mummy of 2 gorgeous girls

Ooh I don't know tbh. I was told that really there shouldn't be any blood, but then I know that lots of ladies who have been in or rung up about it have just been told to keep an eye on it and not to worry if it wasn't much and LO is still moving lots. I think if I was you I might ring just to put my mind at rest, but I'm sure everything's fine. x

5. donna-c-86

donna-c-86 Well-Known Member

i would have to ring up if it was me, if the blood was in the mucous it would be different, better to be safe than sorry. how r u now?