Bloods at 8weeks then at 12 weeks? :-/

natasja32

Mum to 4 boys
Reaction score
This is all new to me. Cant believe its changed again already! I only gave birth to Eli last year and everything is different again. Im see mw on thursday and now apparently i have bloods taken at 8 weeks and then again at 12 weeks..:wacko: Is thiss the same for everyone else? Any idea why its changed?:dohh:

No idea, but things do change alot, with my first i seen midwife at 10 weeks. Today i got a letter saying i have an appointment at 7 weeks and one at 8 weeks, first one 10 mins long 2nd one 1 hour long, whats the point of that?? and what takes an hour! x

I've had bloods at 8 weeks (when I had my booking appointment to check blood group, antibodies, sickle cell, HIV etc) then another when I had my dating scan at 12 weeks. At my hospital, blood is only taken at 12 weeks if you opt for the combined test for Down's Syndrome and it's taken at the same time as you have your scan. Were you offered the combined test (or anything similar) last time? Mine is the same as last time but I know some hospitals are only introducing it now so that could explain the difference. Apparently, I will also have bloods done at 28 and 34 weeks but that looks like it.

I've had bloods at 8 weeks (when I had my booking appointment to check blood group, antibodies, sickle cell, HIV etc) then another when I had my dating scan at 12 weeks. At my hospital, blood is only taken at 12 weeks if you opt for the combined test for Down's Syndrome and it's taken at the same time as you have your scan. Were you offered the combined test (or anything similar) last time? Mine is the same as last time but I know some hospitals are only introducing it now so that could explain the difference. Apparently, I will also have bloods done at 28 and 34 weeks but that looks like it.

Ive got the combined test at 12 weeks but had that last year with Eli too. I didnt have the 8 week bloods with Eli. I cant believe how much they change things.:wacko:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->