Bloods/ovulation timing help!

Essjay86

Reaction score
Hi,

I went to see my doctor a week or so ago to see if there is any reason i'm not conceiving. She thinks i may have PCOS and so has booked me in for a blood test to measure my progesterone levels.
I was due to get my blood test on monday but hadn't ovulated so i rearranged it to tomorrow.

Today i finally got a positive opk, and have had ewcm today and yesterday. My blood test is at 8:15 am do you think this is too soon to measure my progesterone levels??

I tried to call the doctor and ask but didn't manage to get past the receptionist who told me to ask the nurse taking my blood tomorrow. :shrug:

I thought the progesterone test was supposed to be done on CD23?

Im sorry, I don't know much on the progesterone test. I have PCOS myself but have never done the progesterone test. When I was diagnosed for PCOS they did a blood test to measure testosterone, LH, FSH and insulin. Then they did an ultrasound to look at my ovaries which both had multiple cysts on them.

Ah Bee Bee maybe mine is the same then! Its just a normal blood test to check my levels....hmmm. Either way she said i had to have ovulated.

I have long cycles so CD23 would be useless to me.

Im also booked for an internal scan to check my ovaries on 28th April.

Yeah, unfortunately, it seems they wont let you figure it out till you get there :/

Either way, when they did my blood tests, I had not ovulated for 3-4 months at that point so I'm not sure if it matters too much. They might not be able to measure progesterone very well if you haven't but the other items should be easily tested still.

And Im pretty much the same as you, I can ovulate anywhere from CD19 to CD45 so a CD23 test would most likely not be very useful for me.

Thanks for replying Bee Bee you have been very helpful. I don't know how many times i have posted on here without a reply.

I am going to go anyway and just see what the results say when they come back. Hopefully i can get closer to my dream :)

Awww! I'm sorry to hear you haven't gotten responses :( I try to help where I can but I don't know how to help people sometimes! I feel like I know a lot since Ive been TTC for 19 months now but still lots of areas where I don't know nearly enough :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->