• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Bloods

Hays

Reaction score
ttc No2 naturally, docs have referred me to hosp tuesday (cd21) for the following bloods and then will also scan me at some point. Is this the normal with regards to what I’m being tested for? Seems very thorough, was really impressed

11912C3A-E4F7-489D-B0D6-DE633FA0E020.jpeg

That's actually a pretty basic workup. The only test that's being done at the right time is the progesterone. Normally doctor's check it at CD21 to check for confirmation of ovulation which *supposedly* occurs on CD14. An elevated p4 (progesterone) could signal ovulation.

The FSH should ideally be done on CD3, along with Estrogen (E2) and I think LH if I'm not mistaken. I had a workup of about 32 blood tests for infertility. You definitely need your AMH tested as well as total testosterone, free testosterone, prolactin, and check Vitamin D. I would go back to the doctor and ask for these tests to be done on day 3. That will give you a complete picture of your hormones for infertility and give you a great place to start.

FSH (follicle stimulating hormone) and AMH (Anti-mullerian hormone) are related to egg count and quality.

Hope this helps!

Lovely thank you , I will do!! I remember having my AMH done before I had IVF with my first. X

Results are back and all im told is they’re FINE. I’m so frustrated with being unexplained, I just want to curl up and cry

That's so disheartening, I'm sorry. Were you told the same before IVF with your first?

Yes exactly the same with my first, no explanation just all fine and unexplained. Had a transvaginal scan yesterday so will get those results early January. And no doubt they will be clear too

I know how u feel, i had all my bloods done last month and was told they are normal and that was it. Wasnt offered anything else :( i feel so fustrated been ttc for 2 years with one loss in july :( i just don't get it.. xxx

it’s so frustrating isn’t it. Nothing makes sense!! There obviously is a reason but they just can’t find it yet x

It's so disheartening,we've been TTC over 18 months now for #2.
Have you been offered a hycosy? I was referred to my local hospital for fertility tests recently, I had bloods done on day 3 and 21 & a few weeks ago had a hycosy to check my fallopian tubes.

I’ve had my bloods and an internal scan! What’s a Hycosy?

A hycosy is where they insert a catheter through your cervix & push dye through & use an internal scan to check your fallopian tubes for any blockages. My left fallopian tube is blocked & they also saw adhesions which confirmed my suspicions of having endometriosis.

Oh yes I had that many many years ago before TTC no1! I wonder if they will check that for me now? I guess I'll have to just wait and see what my scan results come back as.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"