Bloods

Discussion in 'Long Term Trying To Conceive' started by Hays, Nov 25, 2018.

1. Hays

Hays Well-Known Member

ttc No2 naturally, docs have referred me to hosp tuesday (cd21) for the following bloods and then will also scan me at some point. Is this the normal with regards to what I’m being tested for? Seems very thorough, was really impressed

2. promise07

promise07 Well-Known Member

That's actually a pretty basic workup. The only test that's being done at the right time is the progesterone. Normally doctor's check it at CD21 to check for confirmation of ovulation which *supposedly* occurs on CD14. An elevated p4 (progesterone) could signal ovulation.

The FSH should ideally be done on CD3, along with Estrogen (E2) and I think LH if I'm not mistaken. I had a workup of about 32 blood tests for infertility. You definitely need your AMH tested as well as total testosterone, free testosterone, prolactin, and check Vitamin D. I would go back to the doctor and ask for these tests to be done on day 3. That will give you a complete picture of your hormones for infertility and give you a great place to start.

FSH (follicle stimulating hormone) and AMH (Anti-mullerian hormone) are related to egg count and quality.

Hope this helps!

3. Hays

Hays Well-Known Member

Lovely thank you , I will do!! I remember having my AMH done before I had IVF with my first. X

4. Hays

Hays Well-Known Member

Results are back and all im told is they’re FINE. I’m so frustrated with being unexplained, I just want to curl up and cry

5. promise07

promise07 Well-Known Member

That's so disheartening, I'm sorry. Were you told the same before IVF with your first?