bloody board hog again. Advice on pelvic exams please?

Louise

Proud mum to baby Nick
Reaction score
Im slightly concerned about something, (theres a surprise)- I keep feeling this horrible heavy feeling in my abdomen and I dont know what it is. Its like, for instance, when I feel this heavy feeling and I look down at my tummy, it looks lopsided, but I have always put it down to the baby laying in a weird position because when I rub my tummy, it moves and goes back to normal-

I heard from someone that this kind of feeling can also be the first signs of something called an incompetent cervix? Now, I called my DR because I wish to know more about this as Im absolutely terrified now due to having some of the weird heavy symptoms that IC provides you with, and I have an appointment booked for this wednesday- what I would like to know is, does a pelvic exam hurt? is it majorly uncomfortable and can you actually feel much? I've never liked the thought of being opened up and played about with.... :(

I look down at my tummy, it looks lopsided, but I have always put it down to the baby laying in a weird position because when I rub my tummy, it moves and goes back to normal-

I think you need to stop listeing to other people, sorry hun but i think you have explained it very well yourself above. You panick way to much, relax a bit

x

I wish I could relax, seriously. If I didnt have this forum to come to, i'd have lost my mind before now.

we are all here to suport you, but you have to stop googling everything and listening to others, it will make you worse and get you stressed for nothing.

Im sure if there was anything wrong your midwife/dr would have picked up on it by now, plus you have not long had your scan and it showed your little boy was healthy :)

x

we are all here to suport you, but you have to stop googling everything and listening to others, it will make you worse and get you stressed for nothing.

Im sure if there was anything wrong your midwife/dr would have picked up on it by now, plus you have not long had your scan and it showed your little boy was healthy :)

x
Scans dont always pick up on things tho do they? I tell ya, I dont know how much longer I can go on like this. Its horrible. It's like im waiting for something awful to happen. :(

Louise

I have a heavy dragging feeling in my lower abdomen quite often. I think its down to the pressure of the baby, especially when the baby is in certain positions. I honestly don't think you have anything to worry about, but I know how worrysome the whole pregnancy is.....Roll on the next 19 weeks eh? lol

Louise

I have a heavy dragging feeling in my lower abdomen quite often. I think its down to the pressure of the baby, especially when the baby is in certain positions. I honestly don't think you have anything to worry about, but I know how worrysome the whole pregnancy is.....Roll on the next 19 weeks eh? lol
This dragging feeling you get, is it accompanied by a hard feel to your tummy? Just recently I have noticed my belly has gone hard, I imagnie this to be normal?
I dunno, I guess I just dont know what is or isnt normal seeing as this is my first baby, but its a comfort to know im not alone and that you have it too. And yes, roll on the next 18/19 weeks.. It cant come quick enough for me lol :)

you are wayyyyy to paranoid!!

as layla said relax!!

Hiya Louise

I totally understand the paranoia - Afterall it is your first pregnancy and I too had no idea what to expect - And even all the information you can get your hands on doesn't really compare to the reality of being pregnant.

Yes - My belly goes hard at times. Sometimes it goes really hard and you can feel a definite baby bump. Nomally, although I have a small bump, its quite squidgy too! - It is all quite normal, yet I know how difficult it is to know whether something is "normal" in pregnancy, especially with your first child.

At least the second one won't be so scarey! lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->