Bloody Show with second baby... is this it?

LostandFound

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

So i'm 41 weeks today. I had a membrane sweep about 6 hours ago and was 2cm dilated, soft and effaced and she could feel baby's head....started getting back pains and losing a lot of mucous since the sweep. Just had a bloody show like half an hour ago.

Does it sound like i'll be giving birth soon-ish or maybe another 24 hours or longer. How long did you have between bloody show and birth on second or subsequent babies?

I didn't have a bloody show but it sounds like you'll be going very very soon! I'd say within 12-24 hours!

For my second, labor started 12 hours after bloody show/sweep. Sounds like you are well on your way! Fingers crossed! :thumbup:

For me, I cod my bloody show at about 12:45am and was 8cm dilated by 3:00am when I got to the hospital. So it could go very very fast!

Hi ladies,

So i'm 41 weeks today. I had a membrane sweep about 6 hours ago and was 2cm dilated, soft and effaced and she could feel baby's head....started getting back pains and losing a lot of mucous since the sweep. Just had a bloody show like half an hour ago.

Does it sound like i'll be giving birth soon-ish or maybe another 24 hours or longer. How long did you have between bloody show and birth on second or subsequent babies?

With my second I started having s bit of a bloody show on the Sunday afternoon plus regular contractions and fully expected to go in to labour that night. I was also having diarrhoea. No labour occurred though still had bloody show for days.
Day before my due date on the Tuesday I got given a sweep and had the rest of a massive massive bloody show I went in to labour that night and had a very fast labour.

I think losing all of your bloody show could possibly be more or a sign then just losing s bit. However my friend had a bit of pink on the toilet paper and went in to labour that night with her second. Everyone is different either way it is a a positive sign x

Am STILL HERE two days later and waiting :( Now 41 + 2. I've had loads of clear mucous, one small show after sweep with a little blood and then 24 ago, one really big mucous plug with a bit of blood. Stinging feeling in the cervix 12 hours ago and some of what i think are BH for the last few hours. And still NO LABOUR. Beginning to lose my nerve a little bit here.

Aww hope baby doesn't keep you waiting too much longer, good luck xx

Any news?? I hope your holding your baby by now!

A bloody show can be normal after a sweep. Hopefully though it is a sign of labour for you x

:nope::nope::nope:

I'm still here. 12 Days over. 2 sweeps. Declined induction for now. Was 2cm, when checked on Sunday. Can feel the head between my legs so much that i can hardly walk. Please let this be over soon without too much intervention.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->