Bloody stupid NHS!!!

Faerie

Proud Mummy
Reaction score
Grrrrrrr!!! When I got my BFP back in early September I went to my GP and asked to be referred to the hospital because of my history. Basically after a few days of not hearing anything I followed up and found out they'd not even written the letter, so decided to do it myself and went private (lucky for me DH has excellent healthcare). Told my GP what I was doing. So since then I've been seeing a lovely obstetrician at the hospital, had 3 scans with him, all great. Just 3 minutes ago I received a call from the NHS obstetrician, saying that they'd received a letter from my GP wanting to refer me blah blah blah. I just had to laugh. I can't believe it would take them so long to refer someone who was meant to be high risk pregnancy. Grrr.

I know! Good job I wasn't waiting around from them. Not that I would've been really, I'd have been banging on doors but still... oh well, gotta laugh!

sounds about right hun. Thank god for good quality private health care!!!

Well I live in Wales and I gotta say they have been amazing here, Im from Stoke originally and they were bloody awful, i had my 12 week scan at 14 weeks etc etc and lets not talk about the birth!!! more money into our hospitals me thinks!

If all is well at the nuchal scan I am planning on going back to the NHS for my general antenatal care. Bit scared!! Well, we'll see how it goes...

they usually get into gear they r just so slow arent they?!

Yeah, and I'm not exactly the world's most patient person! Oh well, once I'm through these first 12 weeks hopefully I'll be more relaxed (hmmm) and at least if I want an extra scan I know I can get one privately.

OMG so I went to my Dr's surgery today. Last Friday I phoned them up and said I needed to have the blood tests for my nuchal scan done. Today I get down there and the nurse was like "oh, I've got you in as having blood tests for infertility". I asked her to check my details in the system to check I was actually registered as being pregnant and I am, so why on earth would they think I needed infertility tests. Dumbasses. Then she said she couldn't take the blood test for nuchal as a midwife has to do it, and the next available appointment is 11 November. I told her "but that's after my nuchal scan!!". In the end I went down to the hospital and had it done at the walk in centre.
I'm just so frustrated, the GP surgery has already made so many cock-ups, what's the rest of my care going to be like??
Rant over. For now!

Oh heck hun what a nightmare, if i was you id complain xxxx

Wow I am glad you did it yourself and found a wonderful doc!

I live in America where there is no NHS, and many of our private insurances (if you are lucky enough to have it) are bad too. I don't get to see a doctor at all until I am 10 weeks along and I won't get a scan until I am 16 weeks along. :(

Tell me about it!! I was told I HAD to see a doc - the docs said I should have been told to make a bokoing in app! So I have now done that but its not till 1 day before I am 12 weeks - they dont do booking apps after 12 weeks! And god knows WHEN I will have my scan. I had wanted to have it all sorted by then to tell my work and confirm everything, but obv not!

Tell me about it!! I was told I HAD to see a doc - the docs said I should have been told to make a bokoing in app! So I have now done that but its not till 1 day before I am 12 weeks - they dont do booking apps after 12 weeks! And god knows WHEN I will have my scan. I had wanted to have it all sorted by then to tell my work and confirm everything, but obv not!

Oh you poor thing! It's so crap isn't it.

Its more annoying cos they only do booking visits on a tuesday afternoon - and then the antenatal is on a thursday morning - So I guess I will at least know WHEN I will be seen, but I will have to arrange it for 8:30am every time as docs is next to where I live and work is a 20 -45min(traffic dependent) bus journey each way, and its a 10-15 mins walk from buss stop to my work.

Ugh............that thought just depressed me! I hope its all plain sailing from Tues onwards!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->