• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Blue Cheese??

Hemoon

Reaction score
Its my husband and I's anniversary this weekend so we went out for a meal last night. My favourite dish of all time from my favourite restaurant contains some Dolcelatte (blue cheese).

I stupidly convinced myself that it would be okay as most of the Dolcelatte is cooked (don't worry im tutting at my own stupidity) anyway I did eat a bit of uncooked dolcelatte and I've been stressing about it all day.

I've been trying to google the risk of listeria from blue cheese but there isn't an awful lot of info.

Has anyone else indulged and been fine?

xxxxx

My sister in law ate blue cheese during her second pregnancy. Think she felt a bit more secure. She gave birth last year to a happy and healthy baby girl. Think the chance that something might happen is small-ish, but if you get a reaction it can get quite severe. But you have digested the cheese by now, so think you are ok?
X

I've eaten uncooked blue cheese at Christmas and I don't feel guilty hon. Enjoy if it was cooked that's miles better than raw so don't worry. Happy Anniversary.

God I love dolcelatte! I had some stilton today - just a bit, and it was raw. Cooked it will be fine. Ive had several hot cheese meals which have had goats cheese, brie and blue in them with no ill effects. Im sure youl be fine.

Thanks guys, you've made me feel so much better. I now know why I don't go anywhere near the 'banned' food groups, as the guilt and worry stays with me for days afterwards. (Ive just found out my favourite low cal drink, which I've drunk quite a lot of throughout my pregnancy, Apple Tango, contains aspartame, I switched to this to stay away from the dangers of diet coke). Ahhhhhhhhhh

xxxxxxxxx

Thanks guys, you've made me feel so much better. I now know why I don't go anywhere near the 'banned' food groups, as the guilt and worry stays with me for days afterwards. (Ive just found out my favourite low cal drink, which I've drunk quite a lot of throughout my pregnancy, Apple Tango, contains aspartame, I switched to this to stay away from the dangers of diet coke). Ahhhhhhhhhh

xxxxxxxxx

Snap I did that too lol

As long as the cheese is cooked or pasteurized it is supposed to be just fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"