Blurred vision and "spots"

RainbowDrop_x

Reaction score
Has anyone else had anything like this? It started yesterday but it started the minute I woke up, pounding head followed by blurryness and spots in front of my eyes. I've just been sitting down watching TV so nothing too strenuous and I started to get the blurred vision followed by the spots and not so much a headache as much as a sore point above my right eye. I've never had migraines before so I don't know if that's what this is but is it normal?

Of course I googled and the only thing that really turned up was PreE which I'm far too early to show symptoms for so I was just wondering if anyone else had gone through this either this pregnancy or a previous one and what it might be or what it turned out to be.

Thank you.

contact your midwife could be low blood pressure. xx

It could also be a blood sugar thing. Happened in my last pregnancy.

I had the exact same thing happen. Google migraine with aura - that's what mines was. Only ha one migraine pre pregnancy (without aura) - I thought I was having a stroke! It hasn't happened since but I have had stars and floaters a few times. I also never got headaches with them!

Whatever it is it seems the symptoms are pretty intense. Especially for light activity. Contact your Dr or midwife and get seen hun. :hugs:

I had that my last pregnancy and im getting the dizziness this pregnancy. It's your sugar. Eat something! :) and always have something with you/snack all day because I didnt one time and I ended up passing out.

I actually have blurry vision with some spots as I'm typing this.
First time I've gotten it.
I think it's because I'm hungry and slightly dehydrated though.

I'm not sure about blood sugar, etc. Contact your doctor.
But this happened to me on Sunday and it was an aura migrane. I get migranes frequently.

Could he different in your case so ask your Dr about the possibilities and to document it so they can keep up with you

I had the exact same thing happen. Google migraine with aura - that's what mines was. Only ha one migraine pre pregnancy (without aura) - I thought I was having a stroke! It hasn't happened since but I have had stars and floaters a few times. I also never got headaches with them!

That is exactly what I said to my DH! That I felt like I was having a stroke.

The strangest thing was the first attack on Tuesday happened literally after I woke up, it started with a slight headache and quickly escalated to full on pain whereby I couldn't even stand being spoken to, after I'd taken some paracetamol it did ease off after I'd eventually managed to nod off and it did eventually wear off but yesterday I was ok all day and even when the blurryness and spots started I didn't feel unwell like I did Tuesday just had a stabbing pain above my right eye which again was relieved with paracetamol.

Today I feel ok, dull headache but not sore and a bit sick but I can't tell if that's related to this or morning sickness.

It was honestly the most terrifying thing I've ever experienced.

I've had this with all of my pregnancies. It is the excess blood circulating in your body. Your lungs are working harder, so is your heart, and you're producing 50% more blood volume which can and will result in these symptoms - seeing stars, dizziness when you've been standing up for awhile, dizziness when you go from sitting to standing, increased thirst, maybe even a pounding heart at times. You might also find it much easier to lose your breath - going up stairs gets you out of breath, even if it's something you're used to doing all the time.

Since you mention having a headache, let me add that I get INTENSELY headaches if I get dehydrated at all during pregnancy. If you're not floating away, you're probably not getting enough water. It's hot where I am, and it's very easy to get dehydrated, so I get these headaches often unless I remember to sip sip sip my water.

Was speaking to my SIL earlier and she was describing the exact same thing (she's 3 days ahead of me) and it turned out to be low blood pressure xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->