Blurred vision at 19 weeks?

shelleney

Mummy to Freya (+ Baby C)
Reaction score
Hi Ladies :hi:

I wonder if anyone can help me?
This morning, I was cooking breakfast, when I felt a bad headache coming on. I went to sit down, but my vision had become blurry (especially around the edges). This went on for about 30 minutes. I then had a nap, and when I woke up, the headache was still there, but the blurred vision was gone.

Has anyone experienced this before? Or know of any reason or treatment?
Thanks in advance :flower:

Blurred vision can be a sign of high-blood pressure. . .too early at 19 weeks for pre-eclampsia I think but your blood pressure could be on the high side. Can you go check it at the pharmacy and then call your doc, just to make sure?

Sometimes blurred vision can indicate the start of a migraine...maybe you have a migraine...Hope you feel better soon!:flower:

I suffer from migraines, and every now and again, when I get a normal headache, my vision will blur. But thats usually after I've been suffering a good few hours. Sometimes just before my migraine comes!

Now i know that it could mean the coming of a migraine, I get a quick nap in, and usually miss the most painful bit of the migraine. Of course, sometimes sometimes I wake up and still have the migraine!

I'm not a doctor though, and I'm sure there are loads of other reason for a headache and blurred vision. I'd make an appointment and get checked out! Better safe than sorry!

I'd say migraine too, classical migraines usually begin with visual symptoms, that should always go away even if the headache is still there.

Could also be caused by dry eye, that can cause blurred vision too, & dry eye is more common in pregnancy!!!

Hi

I read somewhere on the internet, that blurred vision can be a sign of water retention or holding lots of water...... I have it sometimes. :roll:

Or as the other girls say could be a migraine.

Hope this info helps

Lou x x

Thanks to everyone who has taken the time to reply to this thread :thumbup:

hi hun i have exactly the same an i also go dizzy i was thinking maybe high blood pressure, but turns out i have really low blood pressure x i would get it checked hun x

Hi hun, I would suggest you contact your midwife, your symptoms are signs of high blood pressure, I had this in my last pregnancy and is something you need to keep an eye on.

Hope everything goes ok and your feeling better soon, let us know how you get on xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->