Blurry Vision/Painful contacts....pregnancy symptom?

monkeygirl09

Reaction score
So I believe I am about 5-6 weeks pregnant after taking 5 pregnancy tests....silly I know, but this was not planned and came as a complete surprise to me so I just wanted to be sure.

I am having extreme nausea, sometimes heartburn, cramping, lower back pain, exhaustion, and horrible mood swings.

I will see a doctor on Monday Nov. 10th. This is my first pregnancy.

I have SO many questions.....like what I should/shouldn't eat, what beauty regimens I can keep (painting my own nails, using hairspray/perfume, getting my roots touched up for color, etc.), what kind of prenatal vitamins I should take, and 5 hundred million other things.

I have been having this unusual problem with my contacts and vision since the beginning of October. I had an eye exam this past July and got new contacts. The new contacts were great and were very comfortable and I could see very well.

I went back to the eye doctor on October 6th to order contacts. They also gave me new trials to hold me over. The trials were horrible. They get blurry at random times and often my vision seems distorted - as if you were wearing contacts and then put your glasses on as well. Everything seems warped and off.

I got another pair of free trials a couple of weeks ago. Same thing. Now I am starting to have pain from the contacts, mostly in my right eye. My eyes also feel very dry.

I go back in tomorrow for a contact lens fitting but I do not know what they will be able to do.

I have read that pregnancy can often cause blurred vision - is that true? Could that be my problem? Can it also cause dry eyes and pain? I am just not sure if this is a pregnancy symptom or something totally unrelated.

Dry eyes are common in pregnancy and your contacts will further irritate that...i've also heard not to get your eyes tested in pregnancy, or if you do to have them re-tested a few months after giving birth because pregnancy can change your eyesight slightly...if you can, i'd just wear glasses for a couple of weeks and then try again...or do you get moisturising eye drops? Like fake tears? I don't know if they work with contacts at all, I don't have contacts, but may be worth looking into? Anyway, it's normal, so don't worry, but do ask your doc what you can do for some relief.

Dry eyes are common in pregnancy and your contacts will further irritate that...i've also heard not to get your eyes tested in pregnancy, or if you do to have them re-tested a few months after giving birth because pregnancy can change your eyesight slightly...if you can, i'd just wear glasses for a couple of weeks and then try again...or do you get moisturising eye drops? Like fake tears? I don't know if they work with contacts at all, I don't have contacts, but may be worth looking into? Anyway, it's normal, so don't worry, but do ask your doc what you can do for some relief.

Yeah, I have glasses but I'm not used to wearing them out so I feel strange and like I can't see then either! Usually all of those eye drops for dry eyes are not suitable for contact lenses, but I will ask the eye doctor. This is so frustrating! I do not want to wait 9 months to have clear vision again. The pain is the worst though - my right eye physically hurt if I rubbed my eye lids or something.

Ugh. Isn't morning sickness bad enough? This pregnancy has barely started and it is already kicking my butt.

They have re-wetting drops that are suitable for contacts. I have also heard pregnancy can change your vision, I think due to the excess fluids in your body? I am not sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->