BLW - 3 meals a day to start or stage it ??

Mrs Doddy

1 pink 1 blue
Reaction score
was wondering when I start BLW do I introduce all meals straight away or do breakfast for a week, then introduce lunch as well a week later, then dinner a week later ??

I staged it.
we started at 6 months with just lunch. This was mainly to get him used to foods and flavours.
After about 2 weeks, I introduced breakfast too.
Last week, we introduced an 'evening' meal for him too (about 4pm)
He still isn't really eating anything yet, but I am just getting him used to these rough meal times.

I staged it.
we started at 6 months with just lunch. This was mainly to get him used to foods and flavours.
After about 2 weeks, I introduced breakfast too.
Last week, we introduced an 'evening' meal for him too (about 4pm)
He still isn't really eating anything yet, but I am just getting him used to these rough meal times.

we did this too - went straight in for lunch, then back to breakfast and slowly an evening meal.
she didn't really eat for a while, just sucking, touching, squishing, throwing on the floor but we are getting there now :flower:

From the beginning, i just sat him with us for any meals he ws awake and in a good mood for, whether that was one or three or none, breakfast, lunch or dinner. It was a good few months before I consistently organized meal times so that he was eating 3 a day. It worked well for us and he now eats 3x plus snacks. It just naturally evolved that way and the less I thought or planned it, the easier it all fell into place on its own.

My LO started on breakfast first as she would cry after her 8oz feed, I then tried lunch a week later but found her to be sick quite alot throughout the day, so now she has the following:-

7am-8am 7oz bottle used for mixing breakfast
11-12pm 7oz bottle
4pm - was giving her and she was draining a 7oz bottle
5pm, half a small jar of dinner and half of pudding
7pm - 7oz bottle, but would only drink 3-4oz which is understandable due to teatime

So now her 4pm feed I am gonna give her 4oz and her tea in the hope she will drink a full bottle at bedtime. Also I have uped her other feeds to 8ozs.

Not sure when I am introducing lunch yet but again I assume she wont take a ful bottle and that will be reduced to and eventually be juice. Same as the 4pm feed that will eventually be juice or water but not yet as she is still little, but a very hungary monkey. My HV said that babies should be on 3 meals aday by the age of 6 months as they do not get all the vitamins etc they need.

From the beginning, i just sat him with us for any meals he ws awake and in a good mood for, whether that was one or three or none, breakfast, lunch or dinner. It was a good few months before I consistently organized meal times so that he was eating 3 a day. It worked well for us and he now eats 3x plus snacks. It just naturally evolved that way and the less I thought or planned it, the easier it all fell into place on its own.

WSS ^^^

I was so geared up for weaning that I thought when he was ready I would get on with it lol but now we're here, some days he doesn't even get offered food if he's tired / grumpy / asleep :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->