BLW - how long do your feedings take?

AlwaysPraying

Mom of two!
Reaction score
My guy is almost 9 months and totally refusing to take purees or a spoon this week, so I've been forced to switch to BLW. I wrote another post on it.

I was just wondering how long you guys let your babies eat for? How long does it take them to eat their meals?

This week, he takes his breakfast bottle, then his meal takes an hour, plays for an hour, then naps, wakes up, bottle, meal for an hour, plays for an hour, then another nap, dinner bottle, dinner for an hour, play for an hour then bed! Ok, maybe it's not that tight, but it feels like it.

How long do your kids actually sit and eat for? I've been letting him eat until he stops, he's getting much better at feeding himself even after a couple days, which is good, but he eats for almost an entire hour, one cheerio at a time!

You guys?

It depends on what my 2 are eating and also what mood they are in.

sometimes it can take 10mins orther times 30-45mins.

It takes my lo anywhere between 20 mins to an hour sometimes, it just depends on how much she wants to eat and what speed she decides on! I'd rather she took a while, she's more likely to recognise when she's full x

yep my guy is 9 months too and it can easily take an hour. I try to have my meals at the same time, eat quickly then straighten up the kitchen. I know he's getting close to done when he bangs on the tray with great enthusiasm, sending the food flying in all directions :dohh:

He's been done with purees for two months now. I still spoonfeed him yogourt and some cereal, fruit purees etc but mostly he grabs and shoves whatever's in front of him into his mouth, typically dropping 90% of it on the floor :wacko:

Haha, that's what my kid does too!! He slaps the tray and food goes flying!!!

About an hour usually. I just keep an eye out for when he's had enough but allow up to about an hour x x

From 2minutes to an hour! Sometimes she just sweeps everything off her tray almost instantly and refuses to have anything other times I think she eats more than me!:haha:

I'd say up to about 30 mins. It depends what she's eating. I guess things like cheerios take longer as they're so fiddly. She can eat a whole mango in about 5 minutes, which is slightly terrifying!

A whole mango!?? That's awesome!!

Sounds like I'm on the mark then. My guy is eating better and better everyday. Still takes an hour but gets WAY more food in now than last week.

Doesn't it make for a long day though? By the time we are up, bottle then solids, feeding is taking forever. By the time it's all done, it's nap time! Then when he wakes up it eating time!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->