BLW - Introducing meat

vino tinto

Reaction score
LO is 6 months and doing amazing so far. He's really enjoying his food and I've taken lots of great ideas from the Whats your LO eaten today thread since I found this forum a few days ago.

I want to introduce meat and also have him eat more of what we are having but not sure where to start! Do you give smaller bitesize chunks or go for bigger pieces for him to gnaw at?

I was thinking of making kebab/meatball/pattie type dishes for now - they're made with mince so my theory was they'll be firm for him to hold but break down quickly in his mouth.

Also, do you mind sharing your experience of introducing spices?

Spices = loves them all, even hot chili powder!

For meat, I introduce patties (ie ground chicken or beef) or long strips (finger size), like chicken fingers rolled in panko breading.

I find he doesn't seem to have a lot of interest in meat. Perhaps it is because they need more fats and carbs at this age?

Spices = loves them all, even hot chili powder!

For meat, I introduce patties (ie ground chicken or beef) or long strips (finger size), like chicken fingers rolled in panko breading.

I find he doesn't seem to have a lot of interest in meat. Perhaps it is because they need more fats and carbs at this age?

Ditto, my lo isn't interested in meat either.

my LO is 7mths and she loves meat (carnivore child like me).
she eats what we eat with meat so when we have a stew or a casserole - ie a nice long, slow cooked lamb shank where it falls apart in little threads that melt in the mouth she loves it x

I give long strips of meat so my LO can hold one end and munch at the other end.

We've done quite well with meat from the slow cooker, and chunks of roast turkey. Not so good with mince though.

We did strips of meat and River used to just suck away.

You might find your LO struggles with mince meat for a little while until theve perfected the pincer grip

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->