BLW recipes and family meals -- please post yours!

I'm making it for Valentines Day, we get really excited when we have it as we only do it about once a month cos of the cost of the aubergines and the effort of making it, lol. It's great with some nice crusty bread for dipping in the sauce.

Good idea with the omelette woas, I've never made an omelette as I don't eat eggs but I'm sure hubby could show me, heh.

Is anyone making exciting pancake concoctions next Tuesday? We normally just cop out and buy batter and have it with lemon and sugar but I'm thinking I should probably come up with something for mr man.

I make my own batter, it's dead easy, someone put a recipe up on another thread in this area already I think? we had pancakes for breakfast on sunday and I put 100% fruit spread on Ruby's - she loved it! Pancakes are a good texture for them, quite easy to eat.

kitten - omlette is really easy :) just crack one egg (for a small omlette) into a cup/bowl. mix it up so the white and yolk mix together then fry it in a little oil on med heat for a few mins til its solid a golden brown both sides (flip once or twice). then to add flavour and variety, just chop up some different veggies (potato, pepper, tomato, onion, anything really) and mix a bit with the egg before you put it in the pan to fry it...yum yum!

Cheers, it sounds so stupid not knowing how to make one but having never eaten one in my life I've never been compelled to!

Otter loves pancakes, too. I put cinnamon apples on his, but he preferred them plain. :haha:

oooh yummy this is making me salivate - love cinnamon and apple!

Ella loves scotch pancakes with grated fruit added to the batter

120g self-raising flour
1 egg
1/4 pint milk
1 grated apple or pear

Whisk the flour, egg and milk together, add the grated fruit. Heat a frying pan with a little butter or oil, add a small amount of the mix and flip when first side is cooked.

Thought I'd just bump this thread for everyone! Was doing some searching for BLW recipes as Jack likes to eat finger food quite a bit now. Also a link to this site, which seems interesting...

https://www.babyledweaning.com/recipes/

I made this for us all tonight... with oat cream instead of regular cream (as LO is dairy intolerant). It was really yummy and both Rowan and Grace loved it.

https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/313617/smoked-mackerel-and-potato-bake

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->