blw & thumb sucking

shambaby

hayden's personal chef
Reaction score
we started blw a couple of weeks ago, and it is going well. however, hayden has developed a new and rather unwelcome habit of sucking his thumb. he sticks his thumb up when he holds a piece of food, then when he puts the food in his mouth the thumb goes in, too. sometimes, when he misjudges where to hold the food, just the thumb goes in and i think that is what started it. since this started we have noticed him sucking on his thumb a few times when he isn't eating and i'm worried it will develop into a habit. it's quite cute now, but it won't be when he's at school and still doing it! one of the reasons we gave him a dummy was because we'd rather that than thumb sucking.

has this happened to anyone else? any suggestions on how to nip it in the bud now?

no advice as such but zach sucks on his fingers when he eats sometimes..
i also read that most babies that start thumb sucking quite young grow out of it and it doesnt pose a problem if they stop before a certain age..
alsooo..zach went through a stage of sucking his thumb..i hated it i thought that was it for life now and id have a battle with him to stop..but he's grown out of it..maybe hes just going through a phase and the eatings kinda introduced him to his thumb abit..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->