BLW

Embo

Single mummy to Imo
Reaction score
How long did it take your babies to learn to put food in their mouths,

Just started giving Imogen solids, and want to do some BLW how long did it take you LO's to get the idea food into their mouths. Imogen doesn't put alot in her mouth e.g toys and teethers so I don't think she actually know's what it does lol. Also when she's holding it she just lets go she doesn't have a strong hold or just waves her arms around and drops it everywhere, she doesn't seem interested in trying to put it in her mouth at all, but she'll happily take some purée off a spoon

It can take awhile for some babies. You just have to be patient and let them go at their own pace. Some babies don't really start eating until been 7-8 months and that's completely normal. When Ronan was tired or having difficulty picking a piece of food up, he would just do a faceplant and eat it off the tray! :dohh:

We started weaning at 6 months and lo just wasn't interested in food, although she was always putting toys etc in her mouth. A couple of weeks later she was literally grabbing food from mine and my dh's plates. However, she is now 8 months and has no trouble getting food into her mouth, its just the chewing and swallowing that we're struggling with atm x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->