BM question! You know me, TMI

Skywalker

Reaction score
Hey guys... just wondering, is it normal that I only have one BM in the morning, usually every morning, about 5 to 10 minutes after I wake up? It's quite annoying. This has been this way for the past few weeks. I wake up and I have to eat IMMEDIATELY or I will be sick, but in the middle of eating, I always get an urgent feeling to have a BM. Then after I go, that's it for the day (unless I strain REALLY hard, as I did one day later on because I hadn't gone that morning) Is this normal? I'm trying to drink lots but find it hard because water makes me really nauseas now (unfortunate, because I used to love water and drink about 2-3 litres a day of it!) and I definitely get lots of fibre in my diet, but I still seem really constipated. Is this normal? How often do you ladies go? Also it's not really hard for me to go in the morning, here's the TMI part, it actually comes out quickly.

I go once a day too.. sometimes once every 2 days. It has to do with all the hormones I think its normal and pretty good if you go once a day at least whilst pregnant.

It's super normal to be constipated...I would love to be able to go once a day haha i'm lucky if I can go once a week! With the help of a stool softener and a glycerin suppository I can go...sometimes but talk to your Dr. if you get really concerned

Try exercising, that may help, but besides that constipation may just be something we have to deal with for 9 months haha

I definitely don't consider once a day to be constipated LOL :haha: Constipation is so common in pregnancy though - lots of mamas go many days without a BM.

Thank you ladies! This is all comforting to hear :) I'm pretty bloated so I was worried. I didn't typically go every day even before I was pregnant so I guess in a way I'm more regular lol, though I think I was able to go more than once a day before being pregnant so I thought it was weird my BMs have been so rhythmic and consistent for the most part. I do skip days sometimes but if I do I try to strain and go because I don't want to feel uncomfortable. Probably not good to strain but thank goodness I don't actually need to do that that often because most days, like clockwork, there's my morning BM! Never had anything like this in my life lol, so funny. I feel like I NEED to go later in the day but I can't. Yeah, I want to start exercising when I feel better. I can't even deal with the thought of that right now with the dizziness, headaches, weakness, nausea, tiredness, etc., and then there are the growing-by-the-second breasts and my as of yet unsatisfied search for an adequate maternity bra (hooray for living in another country where I have no idea what the sizes mean! Lol, I need to just stop being lazy and find a size conversion chart online) so I'm thinking once the bulk of these terrible symptoms pass in the next few weeks and I start to get into the second trimester, I'll be able to exercise again. I think if I tried to exercise right now I'd like do a squat and then just puke all over the floor :haha: and then be like, "Okay, back to bed." But it's not a bad idea! That definitely does help keep the system moving.

I've got no idea anymore! Some days I'll go like, 5 times, other days I won't go at all! Bloody inconsistent pregnancy! I'd say it's very normal though, this week i've felt like i've needed to go first thing! Its easier to get it out of the way in the morning too ;p

I've got no idea anymore! Some days I'll go like, 5 times, other days I won't go at all! Bloody inconsistent pregnancy! I'd say it's very normal though, this week i've felt like i've needed to go first thing! Its easier to get it out of the way in the morning too ;p

This!! lol

Although, I do find myself having to go first thing in the AM now. So I'm with you on that one Skywalker.

This!! lol

Although, I do find myself having to go first thing in the AM now. So I'm with you on that one Skywalker.

I wish I went once a day!!! I haven't in over a week and am miserable!

Once a day defo instead classed as constipated and going first thing in the morning is very normal! I can't even get to eating before I need to rush and go! after 7 ish hour lying in bed its the most obvious time to go! X

Good morning. Need food or I'll be sick. Oh wait need to have a BM. Back to food so I'm not sick. Haha :haha:

Once a day defo instead classed as constipated and going first thing in the morning is very normal! I can't even get to eating before I need to rush and go! after 7 ish hour lying in bed its the most obvious time to go! X

Lol! I totally empathize!!!

Being regular is the gold medal if you ask me. I switch between constipation and dirreah.

Mine hasn't been normal since my BFP - it's either loose or VERY loose!!!!

Once a day is fine so long as you don't feel umm backed up. Longest went last pg was 6 days, awful. Didn't even take that long after birth.

I was having constipation really bad, like not being able to go for a few days (so i guess not horrible, but not normal for me!) I started taking fibe capsules, but they made me feel bloated and sick, so i picked up a gummy Fiber + Calcium prenatal supplement and those seem to be keeping me on track so far...but yeah, its pretty much: get up, let the dogs outside, pee, let the dogs back in because theyre barking at 5:30 in the morning, then pee some more and have my morning movement now that i dont have to worry about the barking...:blush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->