BnB Poler Bears

AP

Reaction score
I've seen a few! I'm a newbie and would be nice to know others around to ask for advice etc!

:hi: I've been doing it since the beginning of last month, I love it! Off to a class in about an hour :)

Yeeeeyyyyyy! Hello!!! :happydance:

I'm on my 5th week, after my 2nd I ended up with an X-Pole in my livingroom :rofl: I can't believe how much I have fallen in love with it all, and so quickly! I've never really found anything I enjoy keeping fit.

I'm keeping a little personal blog to keep me going too when the days hurt :rofl: It'll be nice to look back on from the very beginning.

I have my class tonight too :) AND my new liquid chalk grip has arrived in the post today :happydance: I've been using dry hands (don't know if you girls use/have that) but last week i ran out and used my teachers liquid chalk, it was amazing!

AP, I have an xpole in my living room too haha. Slap bang in the middle of the room, Kyla loves it and quite often will just spin round the pole for ages instead of playing with her toys :haha:

What is your favourite/most advanced move so far?

If your blog is public AP I'd like to have a read if you wanna send/post the link :)

Char
I've been using dry hands , would you say liquid chalk is better?
I think I have about 12-15 basic moves I have to learn in order to pass my first level. I can manage most of them, but theres one they call Baby Curl, where I am utterly terrified to move my stationary leg and spin! Also weirdly cannot get the knack of a carosel and I dont get it. I actually do think its just a bit of time I need and the rest follows.

(I kinda get there are different names for the same moves , and i think this name is in the minority lol)

Still building up to climbing but getting there, gets easier each week. I just struggle to get further up. At home I've been using ankle protectors now and again before I rip the crap out my feet :rofl:

Been poling for 18 months and now a beginners instructor :) (although I am advanced I don't want to teach that yet!) so count me in!

:happydance: Yey vixiepoo!!!

I use dry hands too.
I was the only one who turned up at my class today so had a one to one. It was amazing I did so much but was absolutely knackered (and bruised) :lol:
I was already able to do extended butterfly so worked on inverted pencil (I am terrible with all the names btw) the one in vixiepoo's pic, snake(caterpillar), aysha and I can't remember what the other thing is called but it was a wrist sit though to something :lol:
I would be too nervous to have a pole at home in case I fell lol.

Dry hands was good, but i kept having to reapply it allll the time cos as soon as I started sweating even a tiny bit (i sweat a lot :() it was useless! This one lasts my whole lesson with one application!

This is the one i bought if anyone wants a look: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/110325729557?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

My newest moves are

Dangerous bridge:
1185795_230385743778841_1161393986_n.jpg

No handed diva dive:
1097987_218198264997589_1960903268_n.jpg

Russian bridge:
548895_217617158389033_2014513745_n.jpg

and the one we were working on last night which is a variation of the brass monkey:
1237576_610022049041530_1465587241_n.jpg

If anyone wants a look ive got a whole album of them on facebook here :haha:

I feel like I will never get there :rofl:

Thanks for the link Char! Realised thats my fav shop, i love them!
Sent you a request btw ;)

I got on the pole last night and managed to climb to the top, hurrah.... every little helps and that :haha: Too tired to do anything else though!

BU4CT1XCYAAmHRx.jpg

What would you ladies recommend to help build up strength? Its always a case of me trying something new, ripping the hell out myself and being hopeless... rest a few days and i can do it with ease.

Yay well done! :D

I always think 'i'll never do that' too, but you get there!

My arm strength is seriously lacking, my instructor reckons climbing and inverts help with strength but they're so boring to me now lol. I think the more you practice the stronger you get definitely, my legs are like bloody steel now! :haha:

At the moment I have a bruised boob/chest from brass monkey'ing so much last night, rather painful!

Have accepted you on facebook :)

The first bruised boob is a bewildering thing.... :rofl:

Yay well done climbing :)

I must start taking more pics. I've only got this one and my first attempt at a butterfly (very sloppy looking so won't show lol).

I was told to do pull ups on the pole to build up strength.

My inner thigh is soo bruised today from the wrist sit feed through because I got to do it loads being the only one there yesterday.

Attachments

• 2013-09-19 14.14.11.jpg
    2013-09-19 14.14.11.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 19
Definitely not the worst bruise ive had mind!

Attachments

• IMG_2007.JPG
    IMG_2007.JPG
    58.4 KB · Views: 5
RedLily you must be quite strong, I've been going for ages and can't do any moves that require my arms bearing most of my weight :haha: My extended butterfly is pitiful! Well done :D

Also, your crash mats look great haha, ours are small and square and don't really help if you actually fall on them. Thankfully i've only had one proper fall and that was from a failed superman :haha:

We take pics constantly, and i film everything too and take screenshots. Can't miss a pic of a good move :haha:

Thank, yeah I was surprised by how strong I am actually, definitely got stronger since starting pole.

The mats are amazing, it would be practically impossible to break bones with them :lol:

I'd say this is the second worst bruise I've had so far. Cupid messed the back of my knee up when I first tried it :dohh:

I can't wait to be doing as much as you can do :) I'm so impatient to get really good :haha:

Attachments

• 2013-09-24 13.46.51.jpg
    2013-09-24 13.46.51.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 4
Ouch! What was that from?

Cupid is my ultimate enemy. I've done it once, got the picture to prove i did it and never done it again :haha: I find it SO hard to keep my foot in place with that one!

Knee hold really bruises and cos it's on the soft pad of your knee it hurts for ages after! Superman is another super bruiser for me but I do love the move!

I'm starting to get impatient now. The moves I want to do just aren't possible on the tiny amount of arm strength I have, so I need to get working out!

That was from doing a wrist sit feed through (I think it's called that). I hate cupid, I haven't tried it in a while. I find side climbing really tiring so by the time I'm high enough I'm too tired :lol: I'm really tall so have to get really high. Cross ankle release is another one I'm only just starting to like but it still hurts loads I find.

I've not tried superman yet, I'm in no rush it looks painful :haha:

Hmm, its obviously not called that in my class, wonder what it is! I wish they'd all keep the names the same haha.

Cross ankle release is one of my favourites, it looks a lot harder than it is and that's great when you're showing off :haha:

Superman is one of my favourites too but I find it a lot easier to go into it in combos rather than just straight in to the move IYKWIM.

I hate side climb. It knackers me and it hurts lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"